This topic has 20 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     abu117
    Participant

Please see https://potatoesandrice.com/members/ – When I developed this site I requested assistance in changing some field names. Instead of male and female it now shows A white gay male and an Asian Gay Male.

When you perform a search as an asian looking for a white, the first page of the results appears to be accurate, however when you click to the next page of results, there are inaccurate results. The same is true on a search the other way. Whether you use the search on this page or in the search box on the home page, the same results.

Laura

Hello, just tested and checked a few pages, everything looks correct for me, tried both options. Is it fixed for you?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

abu117
    Participant

Nope….I did a search as a gay white male looking for an asian gay male. First page results looked fine, but the 2nd page had a bunch of gay white guys.

Abe

Laura

Hello, please check https://www.useloom.com/share/08dc18590e7e4e9c9af0cbf726d029be i recorded the test

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

abu117
    Participant

OK< this is too weird. I just checked again and this same issue. Page two had the wrong results. So, I thought maybe a caching issue, so I tried two other browsers – still the same problem. And I know this isn’t just me or my machine as this problem was reported to me by someone in Asia.

Can you think of any reason why some people (myself included) would get different results than you do?

Abe

abu117
    Participant

OK, I did a reboot of my Mac computer and now it is working ok on my Safari and in Firefox. So, it must have been a caching issue. Thanks for your help on this Laura.

Abe

Laura

Glad it’s resolved 🙂

abu117
    Participant

I would appreciate another look at this issue please. I am receiving quite a few reports about this and when I test it again (after rebooting and clearing cache / history) I am also seeing the same issue. When you perform a search ie: gay White male seeking Gay Asian male, the first page always shows correct results. When you click the page numbers at the bottom of the page (ie: page 2 or 3 or 4) the results start to get mixed )showing both asians and whites).

Please try testing this again.

Kind regards,

Abe

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Radu

In first place you should update the theme to the latest version 3.2.4 at this moment you have 2.9.6 version. And update all plugins.

Go to wp-admin -> theme options -> buddypress -> Search form customization(DEPRECATED) uncheck all fields!

Please keep in mind this! for 3.x Versions it’s mandatory to not use the wp-admin -> buddypress-> Search form customization(DEPRECATED)

So uncheck all of those!

So, now the search form will be builded from wp-admin -> users -> profile search.

Horizontal form settings :

Home form settings :

In the search member page that you had created, to can render the new form using the bp profile search instead the theme core feature that it’s deprecated, it’s needed to add this one.

http://domain.com/members/

[bps_display form=1991 template=”members/bps-form-horizontal”]
    **instead 1991 replace with your form id.

The forms will be populated with additional fields from wp-admin -> users -> profile search- > Members Horizontal or home search.

Make sure to have all plugins updated! and child theme without any changes from past theme versions.

Cheers
    R

abu117
    Participant

your first point is to update the theme….normally in any other WordPress site I have, I receive a notification that there is an update available. In my there I do not see this? Can you please advise how I would update my theme?

Abe

abu117
    Participant

ps…I have my username and api key set in Admin > Sweetdate > Miscellaneous

Radu

Hi,

Here’s a guide how you can do it : https://archived.seventhqueen.com/kleo/article/updating-the-theme

If automatic not woks you have option 2 manual update. There it’s other thing that you cand try before manual update , install this plugin : https://wordpress.org/plugins/toolkit-for-envato/ and add the api default and this may give a update notice for your theme forest products incluside sweetdate theme.

Before all of those perform a database + files backup.

Cheers
    R

abu117
    Participant

I went to the guide and here are my problems:

1. I went to: Go to WP admin – Theme options – Theme Update – except there is no theme update link – only theme information – however under miscellaneous there my API key and username was ALREADY entered. I receive no notifications about any update.

2. I downloaded and installed the toolkit for envato, added the api default, but again no notification anywhere of any updates (either under dashboard > Updates (where it tells me my theme is up to date) or under Appearance > Theme details

3. I then thought to update via FTP. I downloaded the most recent file, but as the instructions state, there should be a folder called kleo, but there is no such folder in the unzipped file. (I clicked the download link suggested in the toolkit) which when uzipped created a folder called sweetdate – but no kleo subfolder).

4, I have extended my support license for another 6 months, but the toolkit still shows that my support has expired.

What would you charge me to perform this update for me for the theme as well as the buddypress settings mentioned earlier in this ticket?

Thanks,

Abe

Radu

Hi,

1. –

2. –

3. In your case the theme it’s sweetdate, an alternative at this you can do the next, go to wp-admin -> appearance -> themes, activate any other theme like default wp theme (twenty sixteen) then delete the sweetdate theme. Then re-download it from your account from themeforest and upload and install it again. Then you will run directly the latest version.

4. I can do that for you for free, but just do the step 3.

Cheers
    R

abu117
    Participant

Will this not affect any customizations I have made over the years? For example, I have had you guys change the field names so instead of a am a male seeking a female, I had it replaced with I am a gay Asian male seeking a gay white male

Radu

If you had made any changes to the parent theme in code (php files) save also the theme for later use, they will be deleted so backup them.

The settings from theme options remains in database.

If you had rewritten parent theme files in child theme , depends by the files (especially files from buddypress folder and pmpro ) maybe they will not longer compatible with 3.x.x version so you sould re-do them using newer templates. if you don’t have done non of those the child theme part should not concern you.

Cheers
    R

abu117
    Participant

I ned to re-open this ticket again please. Please try to do a search for users in Indonesia. (I used the search in the menu bar). The first page of results are ok, but when you select the “2” at the page bottom, the results are not showing those from visitors any more. The above instructions are very intimidating for me…are you able to do this for me?

I’ve been getting a lot of complaints from other members as well, so I know it’ not just me or my caching.

Abe

Radu

Hi,

I cannot do that for you since it require to much time and having that technical steps you can do it yourself or if you are a tech guy hire a web developer to can follow those for you.

You can perform a full backup before you try in case of something went wrong, you have a backup.

Cheers
    R

abu117
    Participant

Just a quick question please. I am looking to copy all my users (over 2,000) to another new site I am trying out. Can I export all users INCLUDING their profile photos?

Radu

Hi,

I’m not sure by default if it’s possible,

I think this plugin may help : http://www.youngtechleads.com/buddypress-members-export/

Cheers
    R

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?