This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     nilje
    Participant

Hi,

how can I exclude Woocommerce Products from the regular Search? I just want to search for posts in the regular search and just in the Woocommerce Search Widget to search for products (like it already does)

Best Regards,
    Daniela

sharmstr

Depending on what you mean by “regular search”

For the search in the menu: Theme options > Header Options > Search Context

For the VC Search Form shortcode: Search Form Settings > Search Context

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

nilje
    Participant

Hi, it’s me again.

The settings via Visual Composer worked fine, but theres still a problem. The Ajax searchresult works like it should be, but as soon as I ‘view all results’ (or just confirm by enter), there are again all pages/products.

Can I costumize that somehow? Same is the member search of VC, so there can’t be a global change, unfortunately.

Best Regards,
    Dani

sharmstr

Got it. That happens because the original search only searched posts/pages. When search context was added there were filters made for those new search types, but the not for “ONLY” posts/pages. I’ve assigned this to @abe. One of us will fix it in the next update.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello,
    the View search results page is the default wordpress search so maybe you can find a plugin to exclude the products from the default wordpress search page

Cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

sharmstr

Ahhhh. That makes sense. Sorry for involving you abe. I should have known that.

Abe
    Keymaster

No problemo 🙂

Thanks @sharmstr

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Moondreamer
    Participant

Is there an Solution om the Way? I realy need to get the filter to work. I selected members, groups and post om the theme serons page, but the search still finds all my pages.

nilje
    Participant

not the prettiest way, but I did this:
    a.ajax_view_all {display:none}

so there is no ‘view all results’ and there are only the ones you see with the ajaxified function

sorry for my bad english.

still hope for a better solution, but it works so far for me.

Moondreamer
    Participant

Hi nilje, thanks for your input. This solution didn’t do the job for me 🙁 If i leave the search field empty, end hit return, the search funktion finds every page on my side.

Abe
    Keymaster

For now until we extend this functionality you need to stick only with the ajax search since going to the search page just lets wordpress to do its default search

---

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?