This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     ChristelijkPodium
    Participant

On the profile overview page: https://www.christelijk-podium.nl/christelijke-talenten/ you can see the different member types.

Teachers and Students are show twice.

How can I remove these member types from this profile overview page.

Ivanildo

Laura

Hello, please try by adding this to style.css of child theme

COPY CODE

div#subnav li:nth-child(9) {
        display: none !important;
    }
    div#subnav li:nth-child(8) {
        display: none !important;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

ChristelijkPodium
    Participant

Hi Laura, thank you!

It seems to work as a logged in user. If I am not logged in, I still see Teacher and Student mentioned twice!

But what I really want is for both logged and not logged in users to don’t see the Student Member Type. It is ok if Teacher is being shown, but if it means that a Teacher cannot be an Artiest, Spreker, Techneut or Organisator, then Teacher should also not be a Member Type here.

Because the Member Types Artiest, Spreker, Techneut and Organisator are the most important Member Types by which users should be found. What could be the case is that an Artiest, Spreker, Techneut and Organisator can be both Students or Teachers, but it should not replace their Member Type as an Artiest, Spreker, Techneut or Organisator. Otherwise they would not be found by website visitors for their specific expertise.

Is it possible for a user to have both (for example) a Teacher and Artiest Member Type or Role?

Laura

Hello, maybe its because of the cache that you still see it, try clearing your browser cache, the code is global it doesnt mind logged in or not 🙂
    So you want to directly hide student and teacher selection?
    Because they will still show at ALL MEMBERS

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

ChristelijkPodium
    Participant

Hi! I just used a private/incognito browser, but I still see the member types Teacher and Student.

Yes! I want to hide the Student and Teacher member type. Profiles should not be having this Member Type, unless it is possible for profiles to have both, for example Teacher and Artiest.

I basically don’t want profiles to be searchable and found as Teacher or Student and I don’t want these categories to be visible as Member Type search filters.

Laura

Hello, then you should delete those member types because at All members they will show up eventually

ChristelijkPodium
    Participant

Hi Laura,

I believe these Member Types are automatically created by Sensei. Do you know how I can delete them?

Ivanildo

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Radu

Hi,

I have found this snippet on the buddyboss forums at this link : https://www.buddyboss.com/support-forums/topic/how-to-remove-teacher-and-student-member-types-from-directory-filters/

COPY CODE

function bp_sensei_remove_tabs() {
       global $bp, $BUDDYPRESS_SENSEI;
    remove_action( 'bp_members_directory_member_types', array( $BUDDYPRESS_SENSEI->bp_sensei_loader, 'bp_sensei_members_directory' ) );
    }
    add_action( 'bp_init', 'bp_sensei_remove_tabs');

The code should be added to wp-content/themes/kleo-child/functions.php and the child theme should be installed and activated.

Let me know

Cheers
    R

ChristelijkPodium
    Participant

Hi Radu!

When I add the code to the file, using the WordPress editor, I am getting the message:
    Er is iets fout gegaan. Je wijziging is mogelijk niet opgeslagen. Probeer opnieuw. Er is een kans dat je dit handmatig moet repareren en het bestand uploaden via FTP.
    Translation: something went wrong. The changes might not have been saved. Try again. There is a change that you should manually repare this and upload the file using FTP.

But when I download the file to add the code manually, I do see the code added to the file (see attachment)

Nevertheless, the changes did not take place on the profile overview page:
    https://www.christelijk-podium.nl/christelijke-talenten/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

I see that’s wired, in this case i recommend you to ask the sensei what’s the properly way to remove those from directory and search, since it belongs to their plugin

Cheers
    R

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?