This topic has 20 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     tmh23
    Participant

I am importing my 1300 members from my old site to the new Kleo site that is now using PMPro. The import is working perfectly except for importing a membership level for each member on the new site so they have access to all the pages. I have a field in my .csv file titled ‘membership_id’ as PMPro tells you and I have the membership level id in the field ‘5’ but it is not being recognized in the import.

Hoping someone can help me out with this as there is no bulk set user membership level function in the users section and I can’t go into every members profile and update their level manually… that would take forever with 1300 members.

Thanks,
    Troy

sharmstr

Looks like PMPro has an addon for that: http://www.paidmembershipspro.com/add-ons/plus-add-ons/pmpro-import-users-csv/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Radu

Hi,

I think the problem is because the actual site on that you want to import these members paid memberships pro level does not have same package ID like old website.

To can see the current level id look here http://localhost/dev/wp-admin/admin.php?page=pmpro-membershiplevels (replace localhost with your domain)

Then replace all values ‘5’ from membership_id with the actual package id.

Regards

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     tmh23
    Participant

I have read there documentation on it and tried it several times following it exactly and it doesn’t work.
    Very frustrating.

tmh23
    Participant

What is the package id? My old site did not use PMPro.

I am adding a field to the csv import ‘membership_id’ that has the membership level I want all the imported users to know have and I have that as a membership level set up in the new site.

tmh23
    Participant

When I try to view the link above… replacing ‘localhost’ with my site address I get a 404 page error?
    Is this a page that should be active for PMPro?

Troy

Radu

Yes you need to have PMPro active.

You want to assign to that 1300 users a certain pmpro level ?

Have you tried the solution given by sharmstr ?

Cheers

tmh23
    Participant

Yes. I want to assign all 1300 members the same level. I have PMPro active and have tested new signups and it works great. I have tried the solution given by sharmstr but it gives and error ‘no members imported.

tmh23
    Participant

Following the PMPro instructions this is the error message I get everytime.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Ok,

What id have the level that you want to assign for all that 1300 users ?

Regards

Radu

tmh23
    Participant

I want to assign them all to membership id 5 on the new site.
    I have made a colum on the csv file labeled ‘membership_id’ and put the id ‘5’ in that colum for each user.

tmh23
    Participant

I can get them to import using another plug-in ‘buddypress members import’ with every field importing fine, and they show up as a new user. It is just the membership id that is not importing. Is there a way to add the membership id manually to the users database file after import?

Radu

Hi,

To can import all users with certain membership package id you should to make the import file like this : http://www.paidmembershipspro.com/downloads/import.csv or you to assign manualy

This is not a plug and play solution…

Regards

Radu

tmh23
    Participant

I have tried the import making the file like this but new users still show no membership level after import. Everything with user imports ok but anything having to do with PMPro fields does not import.

Radu

When you try to import the members you delete the members that you have tried to import before ?

If not try to delete already imported members (the 1300 members) then import the list ( this format : http://www.paidmembershipspro.com/downloads/import.csv ) with all members and levels asigned. and it should works.

Regards

Radu

tmh23
    Participant

Can I assign this level manually to the users file in the database with MyPHP? There is no way I can edit each members profile one by one. That would take forever.

tmh23
    Participant

Yes. I have deleted the members I have tried importing. I am only testing with about 20 members right now. I have tried with that csv file and it doesn’t work. The PMPro documentation states that the only field required is ‘membership_id’ and any others that are empty need to be deleted. I have done this and still not working. Not using subscriptions so don’t need all the rest of the fields.

tmh23
    Participant

This is the last thing I need to do for my new site to be finished and I’m stuck until I can figure a solution out.

Radu

Strange behaviour.. i suggest you to post this issue to paidmemberships forum maybe they can help more precisely and quickly.

Regads

Radu

tmh23
    Participant

I have no one has an answer.

Andrei

Then you can try to contact them directly to help you, this is a custom task and would require a dedicated amount of time spent do deal with it which is totally out of our powers, also take into consideration that is not something directly related to the theme.

If you don’t manage to find anyone to help you with I can put you in contact with one of our developers which can give you a quote on this custom user import task.

Cheers

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?