This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     Norman
    Participant

Is it possible to activate autoplay for the related articles that show up in the bottom of the blog ?

Instead of showing three static images they would show more by switching to the next article after a certain time period.

Like a caroussel in autoplay mode ? Is it possible to modify that ?

sharmstr

copy /kleo/page-parts/posts-related.php to your child theme. Then add the data-autoplay attribute to the kleo-carousel-post div

COPY CODE

<div class="kleo-carousel-items kleo-carousel-post" data-min-items="1" data-max-items="6" data-autoplay="true">

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Also, I only tested autoplay, but there are other settings that you might be able to add as well

data-speed
    data-scroll-fx

Doc for the carousel is here: http://docs.dev7studios.com/jquery-plugins/caroufredsel

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Norman
    Participant

Where exactly should I add it ?

kleo-carousel-post div<?php
    $categories = get_the_category($post->ID);

if (!$categories) {
    return;
    }
    ?>

<section class=”container-wrap”>
    <div class=”container”>
    <div class=”related-wrap”>
    <?php
    $category_ids = array();
    foreach($categories as $rcat) { $category_ids[] = $rcat->term_id; }

$args=array(
    ‘category__in’ => $category_ids,
    ‘post__not_in’ => array($post->ID),
    ‘showposts’=> 8,
    ‘orderby’ => ‘rand’ //random posts
    );

query_posts($args);

if ( have_posts() ) : ?>

<div class=”hr-title hr-long”><abbr><?php _e(“Related Articles”, “kleo_framework”);?></abbr></div>

<div class=”kleo-carousel-container dot-carousel”>
    <div class=”kleo-carousel-items kleo-carousel-post” data-min-items=”1″ data-max-items=”6″>
    <ul class=”kleo-carousel”>

<?php
    while ( have_posts() ) : the_post();

get_template_part(‘page-parts/post-content-carousel’);

endwhile;
    ?>

</div>
    <div class=”carousel-arrow”>
    <i class=”icon-angle-left”></i>
    <i class=”icon-angle-right”></i>
    </div>
    <div class=”kleo-carousel-post-pager carousel-pager”></div>
    </div><!–end carousel-container–>

<?php
    endif;

// Reset Query
    wp_reset_query();
    ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    </section>

sharmstr

Change the line

COPY CODE

<div class="kleo-carousel-items kleo-carousel-post" data-min-items="1" data-max-items="6">

to this

COPY CODE

<div class="kleo-carousel-items kleo-carousel-post" data-min-items="1" data-max-items="6" data-autoplay="true">

Norman
    Participant

I add the code but it has no effect ( I also deleted my cache )

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

I tested it before I gave it to you so I know it works.

If you inspect the element (view source), is that attribute there?

Which file did you edit? The one in the parent theme or the child? If in the child, do you have the child theme enabled? Do you put it in the correct location within the child?

Norman
    Participant

hey you are right I totally forgot to make a page-parts folder in my child theme !!!!!!

It is moving NOW – that’s great. Only thing that is bothering me is that it displays a text now over the related posts saying: “cleo-carousel-post-div”
    see attachment. any idea how to get rid of that without destroying the code ? Thanks so much

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

See at the top of the code you pasted it say exactly whats being printed on the screen? Delete it out of your code.

Norman
    Participant

you are totally awesome ! thanks for the great help ! topic closed ! 😉

sharmstr

Anytime. I’m actually glad you asked this because now I’m going to do the same on my site…. so thank you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘set related articles to autoplay ?’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?