This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     tstrickland415
    Participant

Hello Kleo team,

Somehow the custom sidebars on some of my posts randomly gets reset to my default sidebar, so I’d like to know how to set a specific sidebar for every post of a certain Custom Post Type.

For example, I have a custom post type called “Events”. I also have a custom sidebar for this post type (that I created within the Kleo Theme) which has dynamic info related to each Event post. Normally I’d have to set the Sidebar when I create the post, which is easy but would be much easier and full-proof to do so programmatically in my child theme. What can I add to my single-events.php to set/force the same sidebar for all posts of this post type?

tstrickland415
    Participant

Sorry, totally forgot to reword the title before hitting Submit

Radu

Hello,

Install and use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/content-aware-sidebars/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     raniele
    Participant

Hello Radu,
    I’m replying to this thread beacuse I think I am quite in the same siituation.
    I have created a custom post type and made a single-mycpt.php for it, which has been added to Kleo Child.

I would need to have one specific sidebar only on that particular post type, but despite content-aware-sidebars, there seems to be no way to even display any sidebar with said cpt.
    I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

Radu

Hi Raniele,

That plugin it should works.. but you can try this plugin to
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-sidebars/screenshots/

It should works.

Regards

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?