This topic has 16 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     darrenv
    Participant

I am building out a new site base on the Kleo theme (http://www.39miles.net) and have run into several issues that have had me stumped for a couple of days:

1. Icon/fonts not displaying in firefox – testing and working in safari. Have not tested in any version of IE, and different issues in Chrome (see below). this includes everything that is an icon font including the gallery navigation arrows as well as the icons throughout the template.

2. In Chrome browser, the icon font images do not display anything but blank initially. Then if the user hovers mouse over them, they will appear.

3. Cannot post to activity feeds. When I try, I get the message “Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again.” where “Please try again.” is a link back to the page that generated the error (the page you are already on -ie it redirects back to itself).

4. There is a css issue that I cannot locate the code for. It affects the masonry layout for groups layout, members and the post format ‘gallery’ and possibly others.for groups and members the bottom border is missing and sometimes the content is cutoff as if it goes beyond the bottom border. The gallery format post type is missing the top border.

5. ‘friending’ doesn’t work. The button “Add Friend” will click and a message appears saying “Pending…”, but no message is ever sent to the receiver of the friend request. There is no notification in the receiving users profile and the receiving user does not receive an email re: the friend request. Furthermore, if the page is refreshed, the “Pending…” notification goes away and the “Add Friend” button returns.

That’s the items I am stuck on for now 🙂

I have tested for 3 days. Disabled all plugins. Same issues persist.

I have included screen shots of the issues here (named by the issue numbers above): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6653129/Kleo%20Screens.zip

Feel free to register on the site and poke around.

darrenv
    Participant

Right after I posted this I found a solution for the #1 in my post above: firefox issue of not showing anything but the little binary’s for the icons. Turns out that a little addition to .htaccess did the trick:

<FilesMatch "\.(ttf|otf|woff)$">
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
    </IfModule>
    </FilesMatch>

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Icons should work without intervention. Maybe it is hosting since it works if you add that to htaccess.
    2. This also happens on our demo?
    3,4 Looks like a hosting problem not alowing to post via AJAX. Try getting in contact with the hosting company or test this in another environment
    4. We fixed the bottom border thing in v1.1. For gallery format you should have a slider there and that is why looks like that. Add images from the post in Theme general settings – Slider

Thanks

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

darrenv
    Participant

I have updated to themes latest version and it looks like some of the issues I was having have cleared up. Email is now being sent as it should. Icons still require an addition to htaccess in order for firefox to load them correctly.

The only things I have found that I can’t get working are:

– once a friend request is sent, when the recipient of the request logs in and views “friend” in the profile – there is a box with an “accept” or “reject” button. – CLicking either of these buttons results in no action at all. They do not work.

– No user including admin is able to post any activity to any of the activity streams. The streams are picking up activity from posts, forums, etc. but on the stream pages, no user can post to the stream. When attempting to post, the error “Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again.” appears.

I have completely rebuilt the site (multisite) twice on 2 different domains for a total of 3 installations and countless hours (probably 30-40) trying to figure this out. It is hosted by Hostgator. They tell me to do the usual disable all plugins, reinstall the theme, etc… all of which I have done to no avail.

Any help you can provide?

darrenv
    Participant

Just discovered that no user can join a group user the “Join Group” button from the active group directory page either. If a user clicks on a group and goes to the group profile and then clicks the “Join Group” at the top of the Group page, the join is successful. But on the group directory page, the result is a message in place of the button “-1” and the join is unsuccessful.

Thoughts?

darrenv
    Participant

I wanted to updated this request since my site is nearly ready to full testing barring the issues below. I am desperately in need of assistance in figuring out the solutions to these issues:

I have updated to themes latest version and it looks like some of the issues I was having have cleared up. Email is now being sent as it should. Icons still require an addition to htaccess in order for firefox to load them correctly.

The only things I have found that I can’t get working are:

– once a friend request is sent, when the recipient of the request logs in and views “friend” in the profile – there is a box with an “accept” or “reject” button. – CLicking either of these buttons results in no action at all. They do not work.

– No user including admin is able to post any activity to any of the activity streams. The streams are picking up activity from posts, forums, etc. but on the stream pages, no user can post to the stream. When attempting to post, the error “Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again.” appears.

– no user can join a group user the “Join Group” button from the active group directory page either. If a user clicks on a group and goes to the group profile and then clicks the “Join Group” at the top of the Group page, the join is successful. But on the group directory page, the result is a message in place of the button “-1″ and the join is unsuccessful.

I have completely rebuilt the site twice on 2 different domains for a total of 3 installations and countless hours (probably 30-40) trying to figure this out. It is hosted by Hostgator. They tell me to do the usual disable all plugins, reinstall the theme, etc… all of which I have done to no avail. same result under all installs.

Thoughts?

Any help you can provide?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi darrenv, Let us do some tests on your site and we’ll let you know what we find. Please provide temporary admin credential. Mark the reply as private

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply but we are just releasing 1.2 update that takes care of some reported bugs and added some new functionality

---

darrenv
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

It is ok, I reset the password. Will let you know what I find. Can I play around and change to the default theme if I need to?

---

darrenv
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

Switching to the default WordPress theme, Twenty Fourteen, has the same behavior so it is definitely not a theme problem and more a hosting, plugin or some misconfiguration.
    I inspected it and it seems to be related to WordPress _nonce. In another install without Multisite does it work?

---

darrenv
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

Try setting the multisite there without any extra plugin, just the basic buddypress, bbpress and see how it goes.
    We already did some test on our environment and works with multisite enabled

---

jamu
    Participant

Hi,
    I have the same problem than you darrenv (the number 1 issue) but it’s not with firefox wich works well but it doesn’t works with Chrome.
    You can see the screenshot here :
    http://hostimage.webjapt.com/?v=capturene.png

I tried to put your code in the .htaccess but nothings change.
    What Can I do ?

thanks

thibaut

darrenv
    Participant

Thanks Abe – I did get it up and running. It was a configuration error on my multisite installation having to do with when I switch domains. Thanks for taking a look at it.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi jamu, Try talking at your hosting or see not to have some not found links

---

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Several issues with Kleo as I build out a new site’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?