This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     mcgreggor
    Participant

I have a user profile field (country) which has many selections. The dropdown becomes very slow and users cannot type in a letter to go to it in the alphabetical list.

Therefore I would rather display the normal select instead of the Foundation custom selects. I downt know how to turn this off.

Thanks

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, You can do it by CSS:

.kleo-selectbox .custom.dropdown.expand {display:none;}
    .kleo-selectbox select { display: block !important; }
    Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Evolutionsic
    Participant

when entering this code into smart css though options it doesn’t seem to work?

Abe
    Keymaster

See if those select elements have the required classes, kleo-selectbox for example

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Adam
    Participant

Is input theming all that Foundation does?

Seems like this should be toggle-able in the SD settings, globally. During our user testing many users complained about not being able to use the arrow keys while interacting with select elements, and that the labels for checkboxes and radios were not clickable.

1) Is fixing those two particular UX issues a significant task?
    2) Is enabling/disabling custom input styling in the back end something you’d consider for a future SD release?

Adam
    Participant

Also, the code above won’t work for dateboxes. To handle dateboxes, if you’re going to leave Foundation running and go the CSS route:

COPY CODE
    .kleo-selectbox .custom.dropdown.expand,
    .datebox .custom.dropdown.expand {display:none;}

.kleo-selectbox select,
    .datebox select { display: block !important; }
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, You can disable custom forms for elements in specific areas by just removing the custom class from the form element.
    Register template: wp-content\themes\sweetdate\registration\register.php
    Profile template: wp-content\themes\sweetdate\members\single\profile\edit.php
    Search form file: wp-content\themes\sweetdate\custom_buddypress\kleo-bp-search.php

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

greater76500
    Participant

Same problem here. Country drop down is very slow. Can you please tell in more details how to fix that because I couldnt manage to do it?

Abe
    Keymaster

See my answer above on removing the custom selects

---

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?