This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by aztlanla.

• Author
     aztlanla
    Participant

Hi, I was able to add online/offline status to the members page, but have not been able to add it too the profile page. Can you help with this?

Also, I added a chat button to the profile page, how can make the chat button appear only when the member is online?

Thanks again

JohnDoe
    Participant

Could you share the online/offline code?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

The online/offline will be included this month in 2.3 update.

To check if online, see this topic: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/check-if-user-is-online#reply-5149

if you are on a profile page you need to replace bp_get_member_user_id() with bp_displayed_user_id()

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     aztlanla
    Participant

Thanks I was able to get the Online status to work under profile.

I edited this file

/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/members/single/members-header.php

and added

COPY CODE

<?php if (kleo_is_user_online(bp_displayed_user_id())) { echo '<FONT COLOR="black"><b>Online</b></FONT>'; } else { echo "Offline"; } ?>

right above

COPY CODE

<div class="row">

But still can’t get the chat button to appear if online and disappear if offline.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

It should be the exact sentence but instead of echo-ing the online status, you echo the button

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     aztlanla
    Participant

I had tried that before, maybe I’m not escaping it correctly.

Here’s the code I used.

COPY CODE

echo '<button type="button" onclick="javascript:jqcc.cometchat.chatWith('<?php echo bp_displayed_user_id() ?>');">Instant Message</button>';

I had it placed in place of echo-ing the online status, but it does not work. I get the page to error out.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

You have some strange single quotes.. replace them with the regular ‘ from the keyboard

aztlanla
    Participant

Those are the same quotes I have throughout the members-header.php.
    I deleted the single quotes and typed them in again, they look exactly the same.

Here is the whole line

COPY CODE

<?php if (kleo_is_user_online(bp_displayed_user_id())) { echo '<button type="button" onclick="javascript:jqcc.cometchat.chatWith('<?php echo bp_displayed_user_id() ?>');">Instant Message</button>'; } else { echo "Offline"; } ?>

Here is the error that comes up on the page.

COPY CODE

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/members/single/member-header.php on line 51

SQadmin
    Keymaster

You haven’t added it right.. you need basic php knowledge:

<?php if (kleo_is_user_online(bp_displayed_user_id())) { echo '<button type="button" onclick="javascript:jqcc.cometchat.chatWith('. bp_displayed_user_id().');">Instant Message</button>'; } else { echo "Offline"; } ?>
     aztlanla
    Participant

That worked thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?