This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     i-management
    Participant

How can change extra-sidebar to show in left column and custom sidebars in right colum?

Kamal

Hi,
    KLEO supports by default two sidebars eg. 1. Main Sidebar 2. Extra- for 3 columns pages
    and Main sidebar shows up in the left side of page with 3 columns layout and Extra sidebar appears in the right side. So, you can edit Main Sidebar to put all the content that you want to show on the left side and you can edit the content of Extra sidebar to show content that you would like to show on the right side. You can fill both sidebars with any information you want from the widgets page. I hope this helps you. Please feel free to ask me if you have any more questions regarding this. 🙂
    Thanks,
    Kamal

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     i-management
    Participant

Sorry , maybe I have not Expressed well . I want show Extra -sidebar (general sidebar for all pages) in left column and Custom sidebar for each page in right column .
    Just the opposite of how it is now

Kamal

Hi, I understand you. Well, it is not possible to move Extra sidebar to the left as it is hard coded to the theme. We will try to add new option in the next update to move sidebar from one side to another. However, one tip for you. you can put content of your custom sidebar on Extra sidebar and the content of Extra sidebar on your custom sidebar. This way, You can accomplish the result you wanted at the moment. I hope this helps you a bit. Thank you very much.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Jonathan
    Participant

Hi there,

This is important for me as well. I have a site that usually just has 2 columns (1 sidebar on the right). There are some pages where I want to add a left sidebar with specific options for members. I’d rather have my main sidebar anchored to the right all the time, and add the “extra” one on the left.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there, one quick hack is to add this code to your child theme functions and they will switch the content that they render and your Extra sidebar will be your Main sidebar now

COPY CODE

//get the global sidebar

function kleo_extra_sidebar()
        {
            get_sidebar();
        }

//get the extra sidebar

function kleo_sidebar()
        {
            $classes = apply_filters('kleo_extra_sidebar_classes', '');

echo '<div class="sidebar sidebar-extra '.$classes.'">'
                . '<div class="inner-content">';

generated_dynamic_sidebar('extra');

echo '</div>'
                .'</div> <!--end sidebar columns-->';
        }

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

mitchcan
    Participant

This request may not be as strange as it seems. I am looking at exactly the same need.

So I’m not sure how that code worked for @ibogaine but it did not work at all for me. It just smushed the two sidebars together in the middle. No bueno.

I know I could probably create some workaround with custom sidebars and dynamic widgets, but I thought I could just go into the code somewhere and copy part A to place B and part B to place A and call it good. 🙂

If this is possible, please let me know.

Thanks!

mitchcan
    Participant

You know, the more I thought about this, and messing around some with it, if there is not some specific theme option to make this change, it may simply be easier to use a plugin structure.

I put something together pretty quickly with Content Aware Sidebar (a really nice solution). I just created two new Alt Sidebars, made it where those only displayed in my single posts and archives (the places I wanted 3 columns), and forced them to replace Kleo Main and Extra (but on the opposite sides as the default layout)

Worked like a champ.

Abe
    Keymaster

glad to hear it works @mitchcan

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?