This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by ellos.

• Author
     ellos
    Participant

I took a look at similar threads, doesn’t seem to b my case since I have products with the prices configured. Here is what’s going on;
    – I’ve created a sidebar and named it ‘Categories and Shop Pages’
    – I’ve wen to the very bottom of the Shop page and specified this sidebar to be shown. (In Woo Commerce settings it points to the Shop pages, the one that I use)
    http://brandname-fashion.com/shop/

Still, my Shop page shows the old sidebar and doesn’t show the one that I specified. Reloaded the page with CTRL-F5, checjed it int he browser with cleared cookies – same old result….

let me know if this can be fixed.
    Thanks.
    Elijah.

ellos
    Participant

Switching the template frm the default one to the Right Sidebar doesn’t help either…

sharmstr

Yeah, that’s how it works. You need to put everything in the Shop Side Bar. I know its confusing since they give the option. So, what’s your end goal? Why can’t use use the built in Shop Sidebar?

PS there’s conditional sidebar widget plugins that will hide/display sidebar widgets based on page, user, etc.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ellos
    Participant

The idea is pretty simple – when your shop consis of categories (and not of the products) then the Price Filter works pretty strange from user experience percpective (prety confusing for regular users). So the idea is:
    1. To have one sidebar on the categories and Shop pages that displayes one set of widgets (that excludes Price Filter_ and have a different sidebar for products pages.

Alright, I’ll go with conditional widget plugin then. (If you can recommend one from personal experience – it could be great, otherwise I’ll find something, no worries)

Thanks.
    Elijah.

sharmstr

I was using one for awhile that I really liked, but cant find it at the moment. I think it was Conditional Widgets. https://wordpress.org/plugins/conditional-widgets/

Here’s a decent roundup http://ghost1227.com/2014/01/review-wordpress-conditional-widget-plugins/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

BTW – The reason I keep asking “Why would you want to do that” is because I tend to learn a ton of stuff that way. Its not because I think its a stupid idea. 🙂

ellos
    Participant

Sure, as to ‘why’… I’m not even go into that 🙂 I mean it’s not exactly a logical thing, just trying to follow the customer request and remove it from Shop and Product Categories pages. I think I’ll leave it the way it is and will convince him not to ‘overdo’ it.

Just a quick feedback. Widget Logic is a great plugin but it doesn’t seem to support Woo product categories. It can manage only regular wordpress categories. Just another reason not to spend too much time figuring our how to remove product filter.

I also tried to simply hide it through CSS but it looks like Shop page uses it’s own css that overrides even the !important statements.

Thanks for your help
    Elijah.

sharmstr

I guess you can tell I haven’t spent a ton of time with woo yet.

Not sure which css you used. Does this work or nah?

COPY CODE

div#woocommerce_price_filter-2 {
    display: none;
    }

ellos
    Participant

It doesn’t. That’s a thing – it all works when you change stuff in firebug, but doesn’t work when you place the code n actual custom css on the page.
    Same thing with other archive page (for example blog page) – it seems that you can’t use custom css from VC on theose pages (other custon css plugin don’t work as well)

Elijah.

sharmstr

here

COPY CODE

function hide_price_filter() {
    	if (is_shop()) {
    		echo '<script>jQuery( ".widget_price_filter" ).hide();</script>';
    	}
    }
    add_action('wp_footer', 'hide_price_filter');

sharmstr

and maybe even

COPY CODE

if ( is_shop()  || is_product_category() ) {
    	}
    }

sharmstr

did you get a chance to test this?

ellos
    Participant

Sorry, was away for a while.
    This code

COPY CODE
    if ( is_shop()  || is_product_category() ) {
    }
    }

actualy removes it from all pages – shop and categories. What I need is to remove price filter from tha main shop page and from the page that consists a list of subcategories. (At the minimum from the main shop page)

should I justr remove this – || is_product_category() ? (to leave it only on the shop page)

Thanks
    Elijah.

sharmstr

Yep. I added is_product_category because I thought you wanted that.

ellos
    Participant

Sorry, my mistake. I have the page that lists only subcategories, and I wanted to remove it from there, but on the second though – let’s remove it only from the shop page. So I’ll make it resolved.
    Thanks a lot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?