This topic has 16 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     nanettedp
    Participant

I created a sidebar under appearance\sidebar. I then added widgets to the sidebar under appearance\widgets. I then went to my members page (page where I want to the sidebar to be visible) and chose the correct sidebar under the sidebar option field.
    What am I missing, why is the sidebar not displaying?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, the buddypress sidebar is set from Sweetdate > buddypress and is under buddypress sidebar

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

nanettedp
    Participant

Tx Laura, are you talking about Buddypress Pages Layout? I did set the buddypress sidebar to right sidebar under Sweetdate > buddypress. I don’t see any other buddypress sidebar settings.
    The horizontal search menu is showing, but not the custom sidebar that I created.

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, is because that page has no sidebar 🙂 The members directory doesnt have a sidebar

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

chrisbehnke
    Participant

I am having this same issue with my posts page (DOMAIN.us/blog/). What am I doing wrong? It worked for a long time and now it doesn’t.

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, please use the theme options to select the layout of the pages 🙂

Attachments:
     chrisbehnke
    Participant

I have the sidebar set and it still wont work. :/

SweetDate>Layout settings> Default sidebar => set to right(screenshot)

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support lever who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Andrei

You will have to go to “Appearance > Sidebars” and create a sidebar called exactly “BuddyPress”, secondly in your child theme, create a file called sidebar-buddypress.php and paste the following code:

COPY CODE

<?php
    $sidebar_class = 'four';
    $kleo_layout = sq_option('buddypress_sidebar', 'right');
    $six_templates = array('3ll', '3rr', '3lr');

if ($kleo_layout == 'right' || $kleo_layout == 'left' ) {
        $sidebar_class = 'four';
    }
    elseif (in_array($kleo_layout, $six_templates)) {
        $sidebar_class = 'three';
    }

?>
    <aside class="<?php echo apply_filters('kleo_sidebar_class',$sidebar_class);?> columns">

<div class="widgets-container sidebar_location">
            <?php dynamic_sidebar( 'buddypress' );?>
        </div>

</aside>

Now your buddypress sidebar will work without any issues.

chrisbehnke
    Participant

Thank you for the help. However, this suggested solution did not work. I added the file in the child theme. I added the sidebar via the UI and followed the specific naming convention. I am trying to get this sidebar to display on our blog page.

Screenshots are attached.
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Attachments:
     Andrei

Well until now you were talking about the buddypress area sidebar, for the blog archive page you can only use the main sidebar, changing it will require some extra customizations.

Cheers

chrisbehnke
    Participant

Ok great. I used the main sidebar and it works. How can I use different sidebars?

Andrei

At the moment there is no option to change it, more customizations would be required to do that.
    You can use the main sidebar for your blog, and create a second sidebar and assign it to other pages.

Cheers

changeisyours
    Participant

Sorry to jump in here … But I wanted exactly this … To create a BuddyPress specific side bar to show under my Buddypress Activity page. I did exactly as directed above but still it is pulling the Main Sidebar.

I am using Kleo Theme and my site is blocked to nonmembers so posting a link wouldn’t do much good. I can give you support access if needed.

Andrei

This solution won’t work on the kleo theme, don’t even try to apply it.
    Please open a new topic in the right section describing your issue in detail.

Cheers

nanettedp
    Participant

Is there a way to give the members directory a sidebar?

Andrei

Not without some custom template modifications to the directory template.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?