This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: 

inetwebguy
    Participant

I am trying to add some advertisments to the sidebar across all pages. The ads are 300px wide and are getting sliced off a little. I’ve found posts here to change the width of the sidebars, but would really just need to reduce the padding a little? How can I do this?

Catalin

Hello,

You will need to add this in your style.css file from your child theme:

COPY CODE

.column, .columns {
    padding: 0 xxpx;
    }

where xxpx is the new value you want to add.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Elv
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to do the same thing, fit 300px wide adds in the right side bar.

I can’t get the code above to make any difference. But reducing the padding is not going to be enough anyway as the side column is only 292px anyway, with the Main Content set to 75% wide.

So I really need to reduce the Main Content Width to about 70%. I need 640px wide in the main content to show images and YouTube clips etc at the 640px wide setting. If I use 67% wide Main content everything gets shrunk too much.

So the question is how can I change the Main Content Width to around 70%?

Or reduce all of the padding where needed to achieve 640px in the Main Content, and 300px in the right side bar?

Thanks!

Elv
    Participant

Just to add to that, I do still want to reduce the left padding in the right sidebar a little. And I can’t seem to get any variation of the code posted above to work still.

http://flashhavoc.com/

Elv
    Participant

Ok sorry, I managed to reduce the right side bar padding by using the code

COPY CODE
    .sidebar-right .inner-content {
    padding-left: 10px;
    }

Instead of the original padding-left: 35px.

Now I still need to reduce the Main Content width a little (at the 75% setting).

Elv
    Participant

I got there roughly by using the code below. I don’t know if this is a good way to do it though –

padding-left: 12px;
    }

.col-sm-9 {
    width: 72%;
    }

But the Main Content padding still really needs to be reduced, so that the right sidebar can be a little wider, and the padding even across the page. I can’t work out how to change the Main Content Padding though?

Thanks.

Abe
    Keymaster

this code is good
    padding-left: 12px;
    }

but the other one will affect many other places in your site. You should look at the content width setting in Theme options – Layout setings

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Elv
    Participant

Hi there,

Thanks, firstly I’m using the Kleo theme, so I have posted this in the wrong forum without realizing (coming from search results).

But I discussed in my posts above that the Them option – Layout settings of 67% or 75% did not work very well. Unless I can change the main content padding I need the 72%.

To be honest, I get really frustrated with the way people design these themes. Surely the designers must be aware people need to work to standard sizes like the 300px adds in the sidebar. And its just crazy then to have a full width page that can’t fit a a 640px image or video etc!

Abe
    Keymaster

Since the theme is based on columns that are set in percentages you can’t have that custom layout without hacking them with some extra CSS

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

sermsak
    Participant

Hello. Abe

I wish to adjust the Width of Left Sidebar and Content in “Left Sidebar Page Template” with smoothly in correct ratio 100% between “Left Sidebar” and “Content”
    (Padding = Original Value)

Please help

Thank you

Abe
    Keymaster

hi, @sermsak I don’t think I understand what you mean…
    Any customizations could be done by CSS if you need. Try to talk with someone with HTML/CSS knowledge

---

Erik
    Participant

I’m having similar problems with the sidebar padding. I’m trying to reduce the padding to 10px and I tried using the codes posted above, but haven’t had any luck.

Here’s the website:
    http://www.travelholic.co

Any ideas?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, that code is somehow bad since it affects all the site. Try talking with a developer to help for customizations.

Try
    .sidebar {
    padding: 10px !important;
    }

---

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?