This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author

Tagged: 

mikewolf1127
    Participant

I added a Sidebar call ‘Shop sidebar’ and set the ‘Shirts and Stickers’ page to display it. I then deleted the sidebar, and it disappeared from the Sidebars page as normal. (see attached ‘Sidebars page with no sidebars’)

And then set the ‘Shirts and Stickers’ page to display ‘None’ sidebars. (see attached ‘Edit page with none selected’)

But the ‘Shirts and Stickers’ page still displays the deleted sidebar… (see ‘Page with deleted sidebar’)

And it is even still an option in the dropdown to select the sidebar for the page as well as on the Widgets page. (see attached ‘Edit Page with Sidebar still an option’ and ‘Widgets page with deleted Sidebar’)

Even though, again, it is not on the Sidebars page anymore.

And now I can’t change the sidebar at all on the ‘Shirts and Stickers’ page.

Can you help?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Because Shop Sidebar is a default sidebar that everyone has. Its standard. You can create a new sidebar called “shop sidebar” and delete it. But the default “Shop Sidebar” will still exist.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mikewolf1127
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     mikewolf1127
    Participant

Sorry, my page is still behind a Coming Soon page- so here is a screen shot of the sidebar.

Plus, look at the ‘Widgets page’ image from my first post. The ‘Shop sidebar’ has my custom menu in it, so it’s not a default sidebar.

Plus, the sidebar is called ‘Shop sidebar’ and not ‘Shop Sidebar’, which is a strong clue that it’s not created by KLEO or Woocommerce.

Attachments:
     sharmstr

The default side bar is call “Shop sidebar” (lowercase s on sidebar). Screenshots of a vanilla (fresh) install with no customizations.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
     mikewolf1127
    Participant

But the problem remains. I can’t change or remove the sidebar from my shop page. The shop page did not initially display a sidebar.

sharmstr

The reason the Shop sidebar was added as a default sidebar is because you cant select a custom sidebar for the woo pages. You need to add widgets to the Shop sidebar.

sharmstr

To remove the sidebar, you need set the page for full width.

mikewolf1127
    Participant

So is it just a coincidence that the Custom Menu in the Default Shop sidebar is the same as the one I created?

Or are you saying the Shop sidebar exists by default, but with nothing in it yet?

sharmstr

By default the Shop sidebar has nothing in it to start.

You’re going to tell me I’m wrong, but what I think happened is you created another Shop sidebar, but actually changed the widgets in the default one.

mikewolf1127
    Participant

No, that makes sense.

sharmstr

Okay good! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?