This topic has 16 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by santosh2014.

• Author
     santosh2014
    Participant

Hello,
    On my website learnyourselfonline.com side menu is not opening on Firefox but it is opening on Chrome.I could not find any javascript errors. Javascript is enabled on Firefox.

I have latest WordPress(4.1) and latest kleo theme.I am working on windows 8.1.

Please find what could be the issue.

Thank you.

santosh2014
    Participant

waiting for reply..

Andrei

Hi and sorry for the late reply but we were very busy in the last days.

I’ve given a look and unfortunately I couldn’t replicate your issue. Could you please let us know what is the exact version of firefox on which you have problems ? Or is there any particular page in which the menu doesn’t work ? Please try to give as much details so we can find a way to replicate this issue and help you out.

Looking forward to hear more details.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     santosh2014
    Participant

Hello Andrei,
    Did you open my website learnyourselfonline.com on Firefox and Opera browsers and Test?

Now I have latest Firefox version(36). It was not opening on old version too. where do we have side menu? It should be display on all pages not on one particular page.Location is not a problem.

*Not only side-menu, main menu(on desktop, mobile and Tablets) also not opening on Firefox and opera but opening on Chrome and safari.I could see menu button but when I click it,it is not opening.

I could have test for plugin conflicts but side menu and main menu are working perfectly on Chrome and Safari browsers.So,It is not plugin conflict I hope.

I have all latest updates, WordPress(4.1.1), latest kleo 2.4.1 theme.I am working on windows 8.1, 64bit OS.

I have Apache server, PHP 5.2.17, MYSQL 50166(Live).Do you need any more information?.

Please check the issue and help as soon as possible. I already waited for more than a week.

Thank you.

Andrei

Hi, I have tested one more time and also on different devices and everything works just fine also with your side menu and with your main menu. Below are some screenshots.

http://cl.ly/image/0D3j190A1z1E
    http://cl.ly/image/0H3b432A0v3A
    http://cl.ly/image/2n1Q0L441P2z

Could you please try to clear your firefox cache and try again ? Finaly if you can’t manage in any way to get it working, could you please try to record a video so we can exactly see what you’re trying to do and it doesn’t work ?

Looking forward.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     santosh2014
    Participant

Hello,
    On which OS and which browsers did you test? have you test on Firefox and Opera on windows?

Andrei

You are somehow right, I managed to replicate the issue under a windows environment but it happens on any browser and the issue seems to be generated by the “WordFence Security” plugin, and it only happens for new sessions, because that plugin somehow limits the loading of theme resources until he manages to verify if you are a human or not.

Could you please try to disable it and see if the theme works fine without it ?

Looking forward.

santosh2014
    Participant

I have tried deactivating “WordFence Security” plugin and empty cache, no use.

How plugin could be a problem when the menu’s are working fine on Chrome and Safari. could you explain?

Andrei

There are some extra requests in the background which checks if you are a human or a robot, and if you fail or until those checks are finished it blocks the loading of resources like some images and javascripts and by doing so, it also breaks the functionality of the hidden menus which are managed using javascript.

I’ve done some more testing and founded out that your problem might come from the “Rocket Loader” option from your CloudFlare protection and not from “WordFence Security”.

Please deactivate that caching option from your CloudFlare account, also clear you CloudFlare cache, and let me know if works fine.
    Also, from what I saw durring my tests, because of the “Rocket Loader” option which loads all javascripts from your site in an asynchronous mode, it make the browser to freeze sometimes.

Let me know how it went after disabling that option.
    Cheers

santosh2014
    Participant

ok, I will try above suggestions. But why could all these not happening on Chrome and Safari? why only on Firefox and opera?

Andrei

Because each browser has different rendering engines and ones might crash at an error while others don’t.
    Just to be more clear, the layer of protection/caching you are adding with CloudFlare changes the source of your website on the fly, and while doing so, it might break some javascripts which will end up generating a lot of errors in your browser.

Let me know how it went after disabling that option from CloudFlare.

Cheers

santosh2014
    Participant

ok, Will check and test , then let you know, Thank you.

santosh2014
    Participant

Hi Andrei, its working now, after I have pause cloudflare. but How can I increase the performance for my website. could you please tell me what are other best ways for performance except CDN?

Andrei

You don’t have to disable CloudFlare completely, just find and disable the “Rocket Loader” option from CloudFlare.
    We’re using CloudFlare too, but that option modifies to much js files and somehow brakes them.

Another way to increase performance is to migrate to a vps/dedicated server or a elastic solution like cloud hosting where you can increase your hardware power as you need. But all of this are needed in direct proportion with your traffic amount.

I’m glad you managed to fix your issue.
    Cheers

santosh2014
    Participant

Ok, Thank you Andrie for your suggestions.

I tried your suggestions enabling cloudflare, disabled rocket loader before and after this I tested my website on gtmetrix.com but It does make any difference whether I use cloudflare or not. same performance I am getting.I am using total cache plugin too.

as of now I do not want to invest on VPS/dedicated server/cloud hosting. I may use in future when based on traffic.I hope cloud hosting is cheaper than VPS/dedicated server.

anyway, Which cloud hosting you will suggest for seventhqueen customers?

Andrei

There are just to many solutions out there which offers a lot of different options/services and we can’t know which one are the best.

Hope you’ll find a good hosting solution.

santosh2014
    Participant

OK, Andrei. Thank you very much for your best support. :-).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?