This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     egabillat
    Participant

Hi.
    When I want to sign up, the popup window appear.
    If I leave all the fields empty, and choose “CREATE MY ACCOUNT”, I am redirect immediately to the “Create an Account” page.
    So, why to have this popup window if it is unnecessary ?
    Two choices :
    – the first one, redirect immediately to “Create an Account” page (bypass popup)
    – the second one, if fields or empty, I have alert message to fill empty fields.
    Thank you

Abe
    Keymaster

Normally if your browser supports HTML5 some small notifications on required fields would appear. You can make that button to go to the registration page directly by editing header.php and remove this form the Sign up button around line 184:
    data-reveal-id=”register_panel”

and modify href to “/register”

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Afrostein
    Participant

Hello,

I accidentally deleted the Create an Account page. How can I get it back? (or the code so I create another “Create an Account” page)

Thanks,

Abe
    Keymaster

That is register page. Create a page and assign it to buddypress from Settings – Buddypress – Pages

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Afrostein
    Participant

Thank you. I did that but it just takes me back to the home page. I set buddy Register to “Create An Account” page and “Activate to “Activate”…correct way?

When someone signs up or hits the “Join Us For Free” I’d like this page to show :

Create Account Page like the one in the demo on Themeforest that you have

I have already customized the profile fields that I want to be required. Any advice?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, make sure you are not logged in because that is why it redirects you.

---

Abe
    Keymaster

You have done all the required steps.

---

Afrostein
    Participant

Thanks Abe…all good now.

Afrostein
    Participant

Hi Abe,

How do we edit the language that appears in the blue Sign Up Box on the homepage that reads:

“Registering for this site is easy, just fill in the fields below and we will get a new account set up for you in no time.”

This same language appears on Create an Account Page. When I go into Pages > Create an Account I don’t see anything when I hit text or visual. My permalink for that page ends with:

/create-an-account-2

Is there a way for me to edit the language in both of these sections? Thanks.

Abe
    Keymaster

Those come from Buddypress and you need to translate the plugin into your language. Use Codestyling localization or search a translation on their site

---

egabillat
    Participant

@Abe
    You wrote :
    Normally if your browser supports HTML5 some small notifications on required fields would appear.

With last version of Safari on Os X, iPhone and Ipad : no notification
    With FireFox, it’s OK on OS X and Windows.
    And no notification on Windows Internet Explorer.

I want to use this popup to create an account because I want new user to accept conditions.

Thank you to test.

Abe
    Keymaster

Well, browser needs to support “required” attribute. There is also the option for users to accept terms, just set your page for terms in Sweetdate – Miscellaneous and the checkbox will appear in the registration popup

---

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?