This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years by alicanselcuk.

• Author
     giorgos
    Participant

Kleo is responsive and works fine on mobile devices, but a major improvement would be to look more like an native App, simplified without widgets, nice navigation buttons, etc. Might be sold as an additional add on due to development efforts needed. An example of a good looking and working example is this:

http://www.buddyboss.com/product/buddyboss-mobile-only/

Norman
    Participant

yes, i agree.
    kleo looks great and even on mobile it looks good, but people don’t like to use it on the mobile.
    switching pages takes to long going back in the system doesn’t work so well. open a preview to an article than going back to activity is stressful for this generation of users with no passions.
    they like to use simple system like instagram.

double click= like
    everything in one stream.
    adding friends as overlay

if you could offer a setting that displays the activity feed similar to instagram it would be awesome. reduced page changes.

tonyw
    Participant

Totally agree this should be top of the developed features. Have a look at the whole header and menu section on the Buddyboss “Boss” theme and see how nicely the menus work on mobile devices (in fact worth having a look at a number of their features). I specifically like the way:
    1) you get left and right menus there – user specific on one side and generic on the other
    2) global site search straight from the header
    3) wordpress default admin header, user avatar, etc is integrated into their theme

The other element that works really well is their carousel-like menu in the Buddypress profile section, so instead of having to select the menu hamburger there and have elements like Activity, Profile, Friends, etc drop down and select one of those, it shows the first 4 or 5 and you swipe across to see the others….very neat.

It’s fantastic to use both on desktop and mobile. Personally, I’m looking at integrating their header and menus into the Kleo theme but it’d be great if I didn’t have to do that. I’m sure others will agree.

mbx
    Participant

Oh hell yes!

viadsworld
    Participant

No response from the Seventhqueen team on this???

tonyw
    Participant

I’ve got one of the team working with me on some mobile formatting improvements, particularly around the bbPress component and have shown him some screenshots of the Buddyboss mobile views as an example of move formatting. Fingers crossed!

viadsworld
    Participant

@tonyw niiice! let us know the outcome.

gbynum
    Participant

giorgos – thank you for sharing this. AGREE. The MOBILE is really what I want, and where our audience is going anyway. Loved the design of the Buddy Boss MOBILE. KLEO team, please integrate a similar look and feel. It’s so simple and easy to use.

mattylb
    Participant

absolutely! overlays, ajax, less borders/padding, fixed fly-out menu button (or + symbol?), less page reloading when ajax actions or modal overlays can accomplish the same task. And ALL of this would benefit the desktop user experience as well. Look at sites like Pinterest where when you click on a post, you get an expanded overlay and don’t actually leave the main page. Of course, we have “quickview” modals for products, but they need some responsive refinements and they would be very, very nice for regular posts as well, not just products!

alicanselcuk
    Participant

Yesssss please

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Feature requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?