This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: 

inetwebguy
    Participant

We’re having issue with what looks like CSS not getting loaded.

Greetings!

When you visit the site http://www.thatwizardcamefromthemoon.com sometimes it looks like the css is broken, and other times it’s not. In either case it may either break the css or fix the css and it seems to do this completely randomly.

I’ve tried turning off plugins, emptying cache, and other usual suspects.

It’s not certain links, and its not all the time. Like I said it seems random. Any click may break or “fix” the styling.

I’ve attached a screenshot of both states

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     inetwebguy
    Participant

Got It! I had to change the WordPress Address (URL) by removing the www. prefix. All is good!

inetwebguy
    Participant

Scratch That.. The Add Friend Request on the users vCards will only work with the www. added to the WordPress Address (URL) in General Settings, but adding “www.” will randomly break the site.

So without “www.” removed add/remove friends from vCard does not work, but the site doesnt break.

With “www.” add/remove friends from vCard works, but site will break.

Please advide

Abe
    Keymaster

That should not be related to the theme functionality. Check your URLs from Settings – General or any other settings you done. I am sure that a clean install does not act like that

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

inetwebguy
    Participant

So it seems a lot of the issues were related to our host. So we migrated to a new more wordpress-friendly host. However in the move it fixed a lot of the issues, but one issue (that you already helped us with before) came back.

The changes we made to our sweetdate child theme functions.php file aren’t working. See below… We have already tried uncommenting the delete_transient value and save, but no luck.

– – – – – – –
    //delete_transient( ‘kleo_bp_meta_fields’ );

//members page fields
    add_action(‘after_setup_theme’,’kleo_my_member_data’);
    function kleo_my_member_data()
    {
    global $kleo_config;
    //this is the details field, right now it take the “About me” field content
    $kleo_config[‘bp_members_details_field’] = ‘Guardian Classes’;
    //this display the fields under the name, eq: 36 / Woman / Divorced / Berlin. Modify with the names of the fields you want to appear there
    $kleo_config[‘bp_members_loop_meta’] = array(
    ‘Platform’,
    ‘Time Zone’,
    ‘Guardian Classes’,

);

}

function kleo_img_rounded( $atts, $content = null )

{
    extract(shortcode_atts(array(
    ‘src’ => ”,
    ), $atts));

$output = ‘<div class=”circle-image”>’;
    $output .= ‘

</div>’;

return $output;
    }

add_shortcode(‘kleo_img_rounded’, ‘kleo_img_rounded’);

add_action(‘after_setup_theme’,’kleo_my_hearts_actions’);

function kleo_my_hearts_actions()
    {
    /* disable matching on member profile */
    remove_action(‘kleo_bp_before_profile_name’, ‘kleo_bp_compatibility_match’);

/* Replace the heart over images */
    add_filter(‘kleo_img_rounded_icon’, ‘my_custom_icon’);

/* Replace the heart from register modal */
    add_filter(‘kleo_register_button_icon’, ‘signin’);

/* Replace the heart from About us widget */
    add_filter(‘kleo_widget_aboutus_icon’, ‘my_custom_icon_about_widget’);
    }

/* Replace the heart with a camera icon function */
    function my_custom_icon () {
    return ‘camera’;
    }

/* Replace the heart from register modal with a user icon function */
    function my_custom_icon_register () {
    return ‘user’;
    }
    /* Replace the heart from about us widget with a user icon function */
    function my_custom_icon_about_widget () {
    return ‘user’;
    }

Abe
    Keymaster

Maybe your child theme is not active… can’t really tell

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

TammyWashington
    Participant

We are having the same problem with the Sweet Date Theme. Site breaks then fixes….. In Settings – General – WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) are greyed out. We do not understand the fix and are unable to resolve this problem.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi @TammyWashington
    If those are greyed out then it is related to your install. Could be a plugin or you don’t have the permissions. The theme can’t do that to those fields.

---

TammyWashington
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     TammyWashington
    Participant

This issue is still unresolved. The site continue to break. We have spoken to the hosting provider Amazon and all of their WordPress installs grey out the WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL). There must be another problem.

Abe
    Keymaster

Then it seems like something related to your hosting. Try searching over the internet for related issues with WordPress install

---

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?