This topic has 22 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by gregkamphuis@hotmail.com.

• Author
     alphateddy
    Participant

Hello Team,

I just bought you theme and from the look and feel as well as the option, I like it a lot. I do experience really slow Ajax speed though. Esspecially long you can see this by adding friends on the profile papge etc. Its 2+ seconds before anything happens and this on an empty page on a dedicate server with 3930K Hexa-Core and 64 GB of RAM 😉

The new portal can be found here http://www.gamebiz.club.

Would love if you can help out, as I really think the theme itelf is great.

– Marian

sharmstr

Was this an existing BuddyPress site? Or did you install Buddypress when you installed Kleo? Have you tested ajax speeds with a different theme (2014 theme)?

I’m asking to help narrow down the issue. I’ve seen this issue mentioned before, but I think it was on the BuddyPress support forums, not here.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

alphateddy
    Participant

This a new site with nearly no content, I tried other theme bevor that ran faster, but to be honest I didn’t use them to the full extent, because they did not work really good with Buddypress.

sharmstr

Try enabling the Twenty Fourteen theme and test it. Its going to look like crap, but its a quick way to see if Kleo is really the issue. I dont have slow speed issue you’re having on my site. If you find that its still slow using the 2014 theme, do a google search for admin-ajax.php slowness. Its a notorious issue. I think I remember seeing your exact issue (friend request) talked about on the BuddyPress support forums as well.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

alphateddy
    Participant

Ok, so when you click on like “request friendship” it reacts instantly while using Kleo?

sharmstr

I would say its 1 second or less.

sharmstr

I just did some testing using chromes developer console. You can look at “time / latency” of the request. Its averaging about 1 second. The times that it goes to almost 2 seconds is when the kleo notification script is also running.

I’m seeing slightly higher speeds when I enable the 2014 Theme, which obviously doesnt run the kleo notification script.

alphateddy
    Participant

You mean on your site? I bought the theme yesterday, so I am using the latest version. YOu say the real time notification plugin is bad?

sharmstr

Yes, on my site. And no, I’m not saying the notification plug in is bad. What I’m saying is that its not a Kleo issue.

alphateddy
    Participant

Hmm strange, the rest of the site seems to be fast though (Maybe you can check http://www.gamebiz.club for speed once)? It mainly seems to effect the add friend request and the post update in the time line.

Maybe the the theme creator have a solution.

I thought about having a like waiting animation on an ajax call, but couldn’t find anything so far.

Thanks for the conversation so far anyway 😉

sharmstr

In order to check those things I need an account to use.

alphateddy
    Participant

You can just register one, registration is free. And I call that project “Alpha” anyway. Before I make that real public it takes at least 2-3 weeks. So even if you are not into the gaming industry, you can make an account 😉

sharmstr

Wow. You have a ton of admin-ajax.php calls firing. Just sitting on the member page and not doing anything you have

– gravatar: http://en.gravatar.com/d8379eccd3fe7c7a22cd8c0e8b89da50.json?callback=Gravatar.fetch_profile_callback This is erring out and taking 3 seconds sometimes.

– kleo notification: Do a search here and you can read about my thoughts on increasing the amount of time between checks.

– myCred: taking over 1 second on average. firing so fast I cant count them.

Do you have a chat program installed?

If you really want to figure this out, disable your plugin and test. I think you’ll find that its the amount of plugins all using constant heartbeat calls is the what the problem is.

sharmstr

Another thing to consider is if any of the plugins you have installed add any additional processing to the “add friend” and “post update” requests. That would make those slower. Again, my suggestion is to disable the plugins and test. If its faster with all the plugin disabled, then enable them one by one, testing before enabling another one. That way you can figure out which one(s) is causing the issue.

alphateddy
    Participant

Thanks Sharm,

trying to optimize here. The chat is deactivated at the moment. Also I tried an addon that deactivates Heartbeat. Trying to change the gravatar thing.

– Marian

sharmstr

myCred adds additional processing for the ‘post update’ and a slew of other things. I’m assuming that when you post and update it adds points or something.

Also, even though you have chat disabled, its still setting the cookies with each request.

alphateddy
    Participant

Sharm,

thank you for all (you are not official support are you?).

What really wonders me though, by all possible reasons that you mentioned, is, that it seems to affect mostly the friend stuff. I just call the new site from a new computer at home and it basically was completely loaded within 2-3 seconds. Adding a friend takes longer than rendering the whole site, which seems awkward 😉

Maybe the developer of the theme do have an idea.

– Marian

sharmstr

No. Not a member of support.

Have you tried it using another theme today like I suggested?

alphateddy
    Participant

Tried it with the them CommunityJunction. Its not super fast, but I’d say accepting a friendship takes about half as long as with this theme, maybe faster, Communityjunction 1 second, this one up to 3 seconds.

TonyOhh
    Participant

I am also having an issue with page speed. I have done most of the things from above. Could someone please give my site a once over and help point me in the right direction to make the site load faster?

candcnc.org

webmaster-sw
    Participant

@Sharmstr
    I am having webhost account suspensions from admin-ajax usage: can you tell me what part of the Chrome Developer’s Console you were able to use to identify which plugins were sending out the calls?

webmaster-sw
    Participant

@Sharmstr – found it. The Network tab. Looks like kleo notifications at 20 sec intervals is the likely culprit.

Interval set to 0! Today we begin a new life!

Hey webmaster-sw, I think I am having the same problem in forum post -waiting for available socket- I even switched my hosting! Could you tell me how you set that interval to 0?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?