This topic has 15 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     zafari
    Participant

I had improved my site’s load time by using the suggestion by Radu in the functions.php of the child theme. It worked great! Then I upgraded to 3.0.1 and now the site is super slow again. Nothing else changed. What has changed in the new version that might be affecting the load times? How can I improve it again? Does PHP version matter? – I can upgrade to 5.4 if that might help. Again, the site load time was FINE until I upgraded to 3.0.1 and immediately it slowed down, so something is different in the new version that’s affecting this. Thank for your insights.

Laura

Hello, please follow my suggestions here:
    Please use W3 Total Cache plugin with this settings : http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/configuring-w3-total-cache-general-settings-i–cms-20920
    Do not enable Minify
    – Use a CDN ( Cloudflare, MAXCDN…)

– Use “Remove query strings from static resources” plugin

– Use an image optimizer plugin like Smush it

– Use a Lazy load plugin

Let me know if it works 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

zafari
    Participant

Hello and thank you. I am already using some of these and will try the others. However, this does not help explain why the sluggishness only started AFTER the upgrade to 3.0.1. One second I had decent load times and then a few seconds later after the upgrade, the site started crawling. These suggestions are unrelated to this……

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support lever who can help and advise you in your query.
    It would be good to have you credentials to facilitate our work.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

zafari
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Andrei

Please read this small tutorial and increase your default wordpress memory:
    http://seventhqueen.com/blog/code-snippets/increase-php-memory-limit-in-wordpress.html

I have activated a small plugin to see memory usage on your site and it’s at over 100%.
    Please understand that this doesn’t have anything to do with our theme but there are hosting servers to run wordpress sites and are others which are a completely mess at this subject.

Also I see you have your project on a staging server/instance which might not be fully set up for production.

Let me know how it went.
    Cheers

zafari
    Participant
     Andrei

It might be because the changes to the memory setting didn’t took effect or somehow were reseted when you updated the theme ( thing which doesn’t happen ).
    You should ask your hosting support to assist you into this and make the modifications of the php memory limit from their main settings.

Cheers

zafari
    Participant

Hello Andrei – nope, sorry, but the memory limit settings were done AFTER the upgrade in an attempt to improve the speeds that resulted from the upgrade. I have run phpinfo and verified that the memory limit settings are being changed successfully. I hate to be a pest, but I’m telling you the speed was fine before I upgraded to 3.0.1. All the speed optimization things I have done were afterwards…..Other ideas as to what changed in 3.0.1 that could be affecting the speed?

Andrei

If you have set up your memory from php.ini then I have encountered server which didn’t applied that recursively on all child folders, can you give a check on your hosting support team before we continue investigating ?
    There shouldn’t be any issue from the theme to cause SUCH a slow behavior, did you saw the small info box of the memory info plugin that I’ve installed into your site ? Did you saw that the memory is limited to wp default ( 40mb ).

If you can provide me a ftp account into your install, I’ll try to give an extra look into it, probably tomorrow.

Cheers

zafari
    Participant
     zafari
    Participant
     Andrei

Hi @zafari, I see a big big difference now without touching your site settings, the pages load instantly.
    This being the case I really think it’s a server side issue.
    Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Cheers

zafari
    Participant

Thanks anyway, Andrei. I guess I’m on my own since it’s too convenient to blame it on my server. Whether it is or is not my server still does not explain why the dramatic performance change happened ONLY after upgrading to 3.0.1. Nothing changed on the server – it was the same before as it was after.

zafari
    Participant

Hello Andrei,

Can you please remove my login details that I forgot to mark as private above? I have since changed the credentials but just in case….

Also, the Resources page brings up the blog and it is painfully slow. Even if the rest of the site has gotten to be tolerable, this page is simply not acceptable. I have lowered it to post only 6 posts and it still takes many seconds to load even 1. What can be done to improve the performance of this page?

http://www.originalgirlfriendsnetwork.com.php54-3.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/resources/

Andrei

Hi,

Instead of using Visual Compsoer and Post Grid or Kleo Post Grid ( which gets the posts trough ajax ) I recommend you to set your “Resources” pages as the blog page form Settings > Reading. This way you’ll cut some requests to the server and probably the page will load faster.

Cheers

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?