This topic has 12 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author
     Carlene
    Participant

Hi, I have Kleo installed, everything works. But posting for forum is so slow. 10-19 seconds usually. Notifications take so much longer, I am getting the same message 3 and 4 times because clients don’t think it posted so they hit submit again.

I run vps on inmotion that is optimized for wordpress. I have max children at 100, max requests at 500. I run WPRocket for my caching system. Amemberpro for my membership and Formidable Forms. But all the BuddyPress and bbPress run from the WordPress logins.

I have disabled my LearnDash which I really want to use. I have disabled Visual Content, Sensi, and a host of other things. And while these programs could have been slowing down my site load, that is not the issue, it is posting. Do you have any ideas why it posts so slow?

I appreciate your help. My clients love your theme, but I’m worried if we take our posting up a notch things will start to crash.

Laura

Hello, please share admin access so i can check it out. But usually wordpress managed hostings are the worst for speed and customization. I will do my best to help you 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Carlene
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, i see the issue might be the amount of plugins,some mightslow your site, its actually pretty fast for so many plugins. My suggestion, keepoly the must have plugins and test your speed again at https://tools.pingdom.com

Then choose which one to keep

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Carlene
    Participant

It’s not website speed, it’s posting speed. Sending a post on the forum or group or notification to the database takes about 10-19 seconds. That isn’t a webpage loading issue it is usually a query issue. On all the plugins, most of them came with your theme and I disabled a lot of them. I activated my LearnDash plugin and it didn’t affect the posting speed at all. When I added the courses and lessons through LearnDash they posted at the speed they should. When I update or add pages or xButtons, they post at regular speed. It is just the BuddyPress stuff.

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Radu

Hi,

You can install P3 Profiler plugin to can see what plugin causes huge load while posting something https://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/

Cheers
    R.

randrcomputers
    Participant

I will chime in here and suggest checking your mail settings on inmotionhosting i would bet that its checking all outgoing mail for spam and slows up the posting on forum posts. setting is in WHM

Radu

Hi @randrcomputers

Thank you for providing a possible solution for the user issue.

Cheers
    R

Carlene
    Participant

I did look into the spam issue. Honestly, it was an idea no one had ever mentioned and I thought brilliant. It just makes so much sense. It could take up to 48 hours to see the difference, so I’m waiting. I don’t believe this issue has anything to do with my pluggins because I had it on a different site with different pluggins, only that site couldn’t handle the open connections and kept crashing. I’m going to keep looking at this. Posts that aren’t emailed post quickly, it really is just the ones that send emails out. Thank you for the great advice.

Radu

Hi

Hope you figured out what’s happens, if it’s a spam issue, i recommend you to use the cloudflare.com services it prevents much spam bot traffic and many other spam protections directly from the DNS not from your server.

Cheers
    R

Carlene
    Participant

RandRComputers,

You saved me!! I have been having this issue with every server I worked with. When I asked inMotion to look into it, they didn’t quite get what I asked, but then I went hunting and found I had to turn off SpamAssassin in eximconfig for outgoing mail. As soon as I did that, everything posted as it should.

Thank you for putting me on the right path!

Radu

Great if the issues are solved now
    Cheers
    R

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?