This topic has 24 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author

Tagged: 

jameswwolf
    Participant

I’m getting frustrated with how ridiculously slow this theme is….. read through many many tickets of others experiencing the same!

What is the status of fixing load times? Please help!!

Thanks,
    J

jameswwolf
    Participant

code seems quite bulky… do you have a guide on how to best optimize for speed?

is there a way to disable all of the Buddypress functions of the site to “lighten” the theme up?

Any other suggestions?? Otherwise – Will have to switch themes as it’s taking forever to add content… backend keeps freezing up.

Please advise!

Thanks,
    J

Laura

Hello, website speed dependds on a lot of things, plugins, server, page content…
    First ,you should use a cache plugin like W3 Total cache, enable page cache, browser cache and object cache.
    Other plugins are:
    – Lazy Load
    – Smush it

A cdn could also help, like Cloudflare.
    The hosting, hostgator is the one i use, and i use kleo, loading speed less than 3 seconds.
    You can disable buddypress as you want, only activate it if you want to use it as a social network.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

benparker2011
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     jameswwolf
    Participant

Agreed with BenParker… many, many customers have this same issue on the forum; however there is no actual solutions posted anywhere. The theme developers will not accept or recognize the fact that this theme is heavy & slow! Instead just a blanket statement to each person about how there are tons of factors etc.

How about a solution for this?! I am considering to switch themes and ask Envato for a refund….. also will likely be posting a one star review. Have no clue why this theme is reviewed so highly!

Andrei

Hi James,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re disappointed of the experience you had with our theme so I’ll try to get it step by step and provide you an in-depth response related to your issue.

Our theme it’s as light as we could built it but there are a big amount of factors which might make your site pages to load slowly.

Please notice that the overall loading time of your site is composed of:
    – time spent by the server to process your content data and send it to the client browser
    – time spent by your browser to load all the resource files ( css, js and image files )
    – time spent by your browser to render and animate ( if is the case ) page elements

Additionally, using third party services or resources like external sharing tools or video iframes might increase the rendering time of your pages.

If you make a test with our theme activated and without using any additional plugins, or at maximum just using K-Elements & Visual Composer which are the only plugins highly recommended ( just for the ease of creating/manipulating your content using the drag&drop interface provided by Visual Composer ), you will be extremely surprised to find out that wordpress can deliver pages at such low loading times and with minimal impact on server resource usage.

It’s well known that wordpress itself it’s a software that is built between performance and ease of use, but the real thing that make is so heavier sometimes is it’s plugins, which are the main and the most important factor of influence in loading time.

The first thing which starts to put weight on your pages loading time will be the use of plugins, so that’s why you should enable only plugins that you absolutely need or use because each plugin that you activate increases the memory that your wordpress site needs to process your page.

For example, a clean instance of wordpress and Kleo, as I recommended you in the above test, it will require a maximum of 15-20 mb of ram of your hosting server to render a page.

This memory usage will drastically increase when you will start activating plugins as woocommerce, buddypress, bbpress or rtmedia and much more ( mainly plugins which offers ample/complex features ).

The memory amount consumed in a load page in the case where you have enabled all the plugins with which Kleo is fully integrated will get up to 70-80 mb ram and I have seen cases where this value passed of 128mb of ram per load.

This memory usage will also variate between hosting companies or hosting plans.
    The most important thing regarding of hosting plans is that there are a lot of customers which tries to run a full platform ( ecommerce + community + forum ) on shared hosting which have very low resource limitations.

I want to point this out as much as I can because it’s the main reason of complaining regarding loading times.

Here are a few recommendations based on my personal experience:
    – on a shared hosting you might create a simple presentation site or blog
    – if you need to run a ecommerce, forum or community site you should at least upgrade your hosting plan to a VPS with moderate resources
    – if you want to use all of this features at once, having them available in one single platform then you should at least consider a more serious hosting company and look for at least a VPS plan with high, dedicated resources.

Sure, you might use smaller hosting plans in case you don’t have any traffic, but once you increase the traffic of your site, you will also have to scale up the resources behind your site.

The other thing that might also put weight on your page rendering time will be the size of the images you use in the composition of your pages. If you end up inserting full-resolution images which are a few Mb in size each, please expect of an increased loading time. Also embedding remote content (youtube/vimeo/soundcloud) has a notable impact.

There are lots of way to optimize your site content, images, and loaded resources, but this task is not meant to be addressed by a theme, for this you can use several plugins to optimize your images, to minify your content source or to create cached versions of your pages so that it reduces resource usage of your hosting server. You should also take into consideration of using a CDN cache proxy for static caching stating resources.

If you will provide us more details about your issue, and provide us access to your site admin panel, we could try to investigate from where does the load comes and we can recommend you what to do to fix it.

You can also use the Query Monitor plugin by yourself to find out more about the resources used by your site.
    ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/ )

Looking forward to hear back from you and to find a way to resolve your issue.
    Regards

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     juli
    Participant

Hello. We have the same problem, a very large load on the hosting, are beginning to be disappointed in the purchase. We could be delegated to you right in the admin panel, what would you look. If we expect the traffic to the site 2000-3000 people per day this plan would work for us: VDS/VPS “Universal”, with the disk 150 Gb, processor 3.3 GHz and 1024 MB. ???

Andrei

The disk space doesn’t help with anything, I recommend you a 2-4 cpu cores vps plan with at least 2-4 gb of ram.
    Please understand that this requirements are because of the heavy resources needed by plugins like BuddyPress or rtMedia, our theme itself doesn’t have much impact on the performance as how this plugins have so before saying that you’re disappointed of our product, please try to understand how wordpress and it’s plugins work.

Cheers

juli
    Participant

We have a collective blogging community on interests, authors – bloggers need to upload photos and videos, if it’s all clean then what does that wakes the community, we ask you to go to our admin panel and help you to configure two months we’ve customized a lot of code.

Andrei

Do you have any issues directly related to our theme ? We could guide you to fix them but for more than that I recommend you to hire a developer to help you with your custom developments or with their optimization and maintenance.

juli
    Participant

Let’s try this, the same thing that the previous speaker

code seems quite bulky… do you have a guide on how to best optimize for speed?

is there a way to disable all of the Buddypress functions of the site to “lighten” the theme up?

Any other suggestions?? Otherwise – Will have to switch themes as it’s taking forever to add content… backend keeps freezing up.

Please advise!

juli
    Participant

You understand that in the description of the template everything is perfect and no word on what came across

Andrei

You can disable BuddyPress completely, or just some of it’s components. The only needed plugins are K-Elements and Visual Composer, for creating your pages, all the rest are recommended but not required.

Regarding backend, if you are an advanced user, you can disable Visual Composer too, and use raw shortcodes.
    Visual Composer is know to be a little bit heavier, but that’s only in the backend of the site, while you build your page, it doesn’t have any impact when final visitors access your site.

I don’t understand what you mean by saying that our code is “bulky”, we always optimize and keep our code clean, the optimizations that you need doesn’t have to be done on our code, just on the overall loading speed of your site.

You are doing a very common confusion, the thing that makes a wordpress site heavey is the amount of ( plugins ) functionalities that are added on top of it, not a theme which is mainly focused on design.

Try to disable any of the plugins that you don’t use or don’t necessary need.

As frontend optimizations I recommend you the following plugin for minifying your resources (https://wordpress.org/plugins/bwp-minify/) and I also recommend you a cdn proxy caching as cloudflare.

juli
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, we apply all of your tips and let you know. Thank you for your work. Peace, health and well being of your team.

Andrei

Same to you !

McNitefly
    Participant

Just my 5cents (… customer, not 7thQueen related):
    Yes, WordPress can quickly get bulky. And if there is a theme that offers so many features like Kleo, … well, that probably does not make it quicker. You simply need a good hoster. I went to WPEngine, and my KLEO site with tons of features runs really fast. So: Yes, if you want to use many features and plugins, you have to work on it. I use “Plugin Organizer” to deactivate plugins like Buddypress on all pages where it is not needed, and that helps A LOT! Without it, the site is slow. With it, the site is fast. Using KLEO – which I think is the coolest theme ever, but that’s a matter of taste, of course.
    So it’s probably not the theme that makes your site slow, it’s the plugins … . give it a try to start working there 🙂
    Cheers,
    Tom

juli
    Participant

Thanks

hma
    Participant

Hello,
    I completely agree with Mc Nitefly. I am also using WPengine. not cheap. but great speed. But need to work on choosing the right plugins. P3 plugin can help…
    Good luck.
    Hervé

hma
    Participant

Hello,
    I went to install plugin organizer. looks nice but quite complex…
    Since speed seems to be a matter for several of us. I would be nice if Seventhqueen, could have a look and advices on how to parameter this plugin whilce using it with buddypress and Woocommerce together for exemple.
    Thank you,
    Hervé

McNitefly
    Participant

Hi Hervé,
    yes, it is a little tricky. Takes a while until you understand what to globally and what to individually “uncheck”.

My approach:
    Gobally “uncheck” only those plugins that you really need on only a handful of pages. For example the Slider Plugin, which I need only on the start page. I unchecked it globally, and only activated it on the start page.

Plugins like woocommerce and Buddypress, I allowed globally and unchecked them on all pages and posts individually where people actually go. (Not on Buddypress and Woocommerce pages, of course ;-)) That is, I individually unchecked it on content pages and posts. Like this, the site is fast on all relevant pages, but “temp pages” like login pages, product review pages and alike don’t run into problems by not having needed plugins activated.

That was my approach, but you definitely will need to play around with it because many things depend on how you structured your site.

Cheers,
    Tom

hma
    Participant

Thanks a lot Tom,
    without your initial post, I was not even aware of such a plugin. Sounds great !
    Now, thanks to your response, I have a good base to start with.
    I ‘ll keep you posted about my progress.
    Thanks again and best regards,
    Hervé

juli
    Participant

Tell me how and where to set the same size photos, same title, same line next to the image of let’s say 2 or 3 lines. Home page of the site spilling from the different size of photos and content.

Ka on the example http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/blog-left-thumb

The same size of the image and in the line of three lines

For example, as in the second photo

http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/blog-normal/

Ka on the example of the same thing here

http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/posts-carousel/

Andrei

Juli, you are out of topic with this question, please open a separate topic with your other issues.
    Cheers

Kosiii
    Participant

Talking of disabling plugins. Will there be any issues is Woocommerce is uninstalled since it is not used in my case. Or is it necesary for registering users?

Andrei

WooCommerce is an optional plugin and won’t affect the workflow of your site.

Cheers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?