This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by jwchameleoncorp.

• Author
     Pixxx
    Participant

Hi, it seems the plugin is not being updated anymore, broobe also has an other plugin that also havent received any updates also there is no support, so i guess its just a matter of time until it breaks, would you consider switching to wp user frontend or similar since they have a bigger userbase, its free and also has a pro version?

Is there any compability issues with it?

I How are you guys thinking about this matter?

Pixxx
    Participant

Lol, actually just noticed, It was broobes other plugin that was not supported or updated, but social articles was updated last week, still doesnt seem to much development.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, you can choose any plugin you like best. We used Social articles in our demo and made some css adjustments to suit the theme design.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Pixxx
    Participant

Sorry Abe, you are doing some great work here, I was just a little shocked, but then again, I was wrong so, hehe

If you guys decide to add some functionality in the future i would be prefer if there was a premium version of the plugin, but then again its not an easy decision and I am sure you make the right decisions, so continue the great work.

Looking forward for the next update.

Abe
    Keymaster

Thanks for the nice words.

Have a great day.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @abe

I’m having trouble with the Social Articles plugin and am reviewing some of the support queries. I have Social Articles installed, but the “My Articles” link in the Buddypress Profile Navigation Bar is only available for Admin Users. The link does not display for a basic member. I contacted the plugin developer, but he doesn’t seem to be responding anymore to support requests.

I attached a couple snap shots showing what displays on both the Home Page profile drop down, and in the Member Profile Nav Bar. As you can see, there is no link for “My Articles” for a basic member. The links only exist for Admins.

Is there a setting I’m missing, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @abe

As a follow up, I just noticed that if the basic member is logged out, you can see the “My Articles” link in his Navigation Bar. But that doesn’t do him much good since it doesn’t display and he can’t create an article when he’s logged in.

See attached snap shot of the same profile, but logged out.

Thanks for taking a look at this!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I think the Subscriber should have abilities to post articles or make the users Contributors

---

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @abe

I investigated your suggestion. Those who subscribers do not have the links, but when I change their status to contributor, the links worked properly.

However, once I fixed the issue, I found a lot of formatting and functionality problems with the plugin. The plugin author seems to have abandoned it as well and is not responding to support issues.

Do you have suggestions for a plugin other than this one?

Thanks!

Abe
    Keymaster

Unfortunately I don’t know right now a solution for that. try an internet search for wordpress frontend edit or something

---

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Social articles?’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?