This topic has 23 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Abe.

• Author
     sax7
    Participant

Hello,
    I just activated BuddyPress and bbPress with Social Articles to see if there are conflicts, but the plugin does not appear the button to write the article.
    I attach a screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sax7
    Participant

I saw here that have the same problem, is it possible?
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/add-my-articles-in-nav-menu

Abe
    Keymaster

My articles comes from Social articles plugin. It is probably under the last icon in the right

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

sax7
    Participant

Hi Abe,
    nice to meet you.

The button has disappeared from the menu that gives you the ability to post articles.

If I try to go to /articles/new/ the plugin works,

No longer appears “Article Writing” (see photo 2)

Give me your email I’ll give you the login information.

Tnx.

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

You can put your site here and mark the reply as private.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

sax7
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sax7
    Participant

Hi Abe,
    nothing new?

possible that an error in the database?
    I do not find even the tables of the plugin.

I installed another theme (Twenty Fourteen) only bbprees and BuddyPress active, but nothing to do.

Abe
    Keymaster

Could be a setting somewhere. Try asking the plugin developer.

Cheers

---

sax7
    Participant

ok thanks.

sax7
    Participant

Hi Abe,
    I’m sorry if I open this topic,
    but really I can not set it.

I contacted the developer but is not responding.

Could you just tell me how to create a dynamic link that leads to the “New Article”?

In this way I insert it into the custom menu wordpress …

FOR EXAMPLE: In the menu WordPress “My Article” has this additional class “bp bp-articles-menu-nav”

I would like to understand what is the additional class that leads to “New Article”

Abe
    Keymaster

The class should have nothing to do with the link and I think it is something about configuration. Try to setup separate install from scratch and see how it goes

---

alvarorubioc
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I’ve got the same “problem”, I would like to put a link to “new article” in primary menu as “my articles”. I saw this in admin bar (attached photo), but I don’t know how add a dynamic link to primary menu.
    Any idea?

Thanks a million.

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Starting with 2.6.4 you will be able to put a custom link in your menu like:

##profile_link##/messages

the ##profile_link## part will generate the link to your profile

---

Abe
    Keymaster

2.6.4 will be released this week

---

alvarorubioc
    Participant

Many thanks @Abe

sax7
    Participant

Ok thank you! Leave us a tutorial to figure out how to do it.

alvarorubioc
    Participant

Hi there,

Nice solution to put ##profile_link##/whatever on menu, but when you are logout show this (screenshot), If I remove ##profile_link## on menu works nice.

Thanks a million!

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

hi, what do you mean? What it shows with the ##profile_link##/whatever when logged out? Can’t tell from the screenshot

When logged out, that particular link won’t be shown

---

alvarorubioc
    Participant

Hi Abe,

When you’re logged, in the topbar shows “my account” button has the profile image. But when you’re logged out should not show anything, but displays the text “my account”. This just happen when I put ##profile_link##/ inside the menu my account.

I attachment screenshots.

You can take a look here: http://www.youwolf.com

Thanks a million

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

yes is normal behavior since inside you can add Login/register links and if you don’t add any submenus it will hide when logged out

---

krishnakumar_ka
    Participant

Hi, just updating this thread. I have read in Social Article Plugging page (WordPress.com) that only Contributor and above profile users can write articles using Social Article. That means Subscribers cannot write.

When I have changed the users from Subscribers to Contributors the Article link shown in the users profiles. But along with that WP admin bar also displayed.

Abe
    Keymaster

You can try to find a plugin that customizes the behaviours of the Admin bar. I don’t think is related to the plugin and it is related to the role of the user and the admin bar default functionality

---

krishnakumar_ka
    Participant

Hi Abe, I saw in Kleo demo that the ‘Demo’ user can create articles and in your Kleo demo the WP admin panel is not showing. Please see the attached screenshot. May I know how you people have done this? As you know in WP User ‘Subscriber’ level Social article will not show. From Contributor level onwards Social article shows in profile but WP admin panel also shows.

I am curious to know which plugin you have used for hiding the WP admin. I prefer to follow the plugins used by theme developers.

Thank you.

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there, you can use this plugin to restrict wp-admin access: https://wordpress.org/plugins/remove-dashboard-access-for-non-admins/

---

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?