This topic has 15 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     slawek247
    Participant

Hi, how can I add an icon to the profile as in the picture ??

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Looks like they used this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-social-icons/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Radu

Hi,

You can add content there with this function

COPY CODE

function AddSocialToMemberProfileHeader() {

echo 'Facebook';
    echo 'Twitter';    

}
    add_action('bp_after_member_header', 'AddSocialToMemberProfileHeader');

Do you have an plugin for social icons ? if yes tell me the name or give the shortcode

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     slawek247
    Participant

I do not have wanted to know how I can do 🙂

sharmstr

If you dont want to use a plugin, you can follow this: http://sharmstr.com/displaying-social-links-in-members-profile/

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

joy
    Participant

Hi @sharmstr, I am currently using your code for the social links in the profile, would you know how to hide the links in the profile details? Currently if someone looks at a profile they can access the social media accounts through the image links or the text links, i would like to remove the text links as it’s redundant. Let me know if you need more clarification or if you are able to assist with that.

Thank you!

joy
    Participant

Can anyone respond to this? Please see previous post. Thank you.

sharmstr

If you hide them, how will people be able to update them or fill them out in the first place?

sharmstr

This seems to work

COPY CODE

.profile.public .field_twitter {
        display: none !important;
    }

Change twitter to the names of the fields you want hidden.

joy
    Participant

Thank you, it worked!

joy
    Participant

Hello again, I have another question about this. Since there are so many options for social media links I thought about creating another profile field group instead of putting them in the base field. Is there a way that these icons could be generated from the links on that group? Thank you.

sharmstr

You may want to read this again 🙂 http://sharmstr.com/displaying-social-links-in-members-profile/

joy
    Participant

I figured out the problem…I had social links in two field groups. I deleted the social links from my base group. Now it works. Thank you.

joy
    Participant

Is there an icon code for a general website? Also, how did you get a list of those icons and where are they populated from? WP or Kleo? Thank you.

joy
    Participant

Yet another question 🙂

I used CSS to edit the icons in the profile header, doing that also enlarges the icons in the social header of the page through the Kleo theme. Is there css to differentiate the two sections or will any change to the icon size affect all icons on the site? Thank you.

sharmstr

preface whatever you used with .buddypress div#item-header div#item-header-content

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?