This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     bluecafe
    Participant

Hi, I have created a child theme and some theme options won’t change such as background color of footer, font-family and others. Is there any function I need to add to a child theme that it will recognize all theme options?

Harald888
    Participant

I have the same problem with the menu. Yesterday I was playing around with the fontsize of the menu. But the theme did not respond.. I stopped at fontsize 30, wich is really big. Nothing happened. But today while I was working in a page it suddenly jumped to fontsize 30… But now I can’t change it back… (child?)theme does not change it, even when I leave the field blank, wich is ‘default 12’
    This problem occured after I created the child…

sharmstr

That is a caching issue. Kleo writes to the db (so that it can see your settings in theme options) but also writes to a custom css file located at /uploads/custom_styles/dynamic.css. If your sever caches that file or you have a CDN in place, it will load the old file until it expires.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Also, it has nothing to do with having a child theme or not.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Harald888
    Participant

Thanks!!! I will look in to that 🙁 (I’m not quite the wizzkid) 😉

sharmstr

Dont worry. Its a very common mistake. People think “how can I make my site faster? Through caching!!!” But they fail to realize the downside of that when they are still developing the site. I disable caching on all of my sites until they are launched.

bluecafe
    Participant

hmm … I don’t have any cache plugin enabled. I am working on a local xampp installation with no cdn envolved.

bluecafe
    Participant

But I will check if changes are being stored in the dynamic.css file. Thanks for the info.

sharmstr

If its not, check permissions and/or try this in your functions.php file

COPY CODE

add_filter( 'kleo_theme_options_ajax', '__return_false' );

bluecafe
    Participant

Thank you so much, this did the trick ! I have added the filter and now I can change fonts and header settings via theme options. Much appreciated …

felesia103
    Participant

Where should I add that line in the functions.php file?

sharmstr

It goes in your child theme’s functions.php file (/kleo-child/functions.php) anywhere after

COPY CODE

/**
     * kleo child theme functions
     * add custom code below
    */

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?