This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author

Tagged: ,

Topher
    Participant

I imported the “Get Connected” page and it uses this short code for the search:

[bps_display form=6773 template=”members/bps-form-inline”]

How do I create my own fields and find the shortcode for to display in place of the above. Maybe a walkthrough on how to set this up would be super cool.

Thanks

sharmstr

That shortcode is from the BP Profile Search plugin. There’s documentation on the plugin’s website: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-profile-search/installation/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Oh and once you get your form sorted out, be sure to change the form id in the shortcode to your form id.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

agidulyan
    Participant

Hi there,

I am trying to set up Get connected homepage and there is an issue with BP Profile Search.
    Firstly, hopepage was like demo but without any search fields.
    When I went to BP Profile Search plugin and opened it – there is 0 fields.
    I have tried to create three fields but after saving – it is empty again (no fields).
    And the message on homepage “BP Profile Search 4.4.1: Form 6773 was not found, or has no fields.”

sharmstr

Did you set up fields in Users > Profile Fields first?

Did you change the form ID in the shortcode settings to match the form ID of the form you created?

agidulyan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

You need to change the ID in the shortcode to match the ID of the form you created.

sharmstr

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/video-tutorials/import-and-configure-the-kleo-get-connected-demo-page.html

agidulyan
    Participant

Sorry for that stupid question, I tried to filled the fields without label selection.

BTW, can we choose such columns like “country”, “organization name” from user profile (as it is exist already) as it looks like duplicated inputs?

sharmstr

Duplicates? The columns come from the profile fields, so not sure what you mean by duplicates.

agidulyan
    Participant

Sorry for misunderstanding. I meant the country, organization fields are exist in standard user profile. And filled by users when they order smth, e.g. through woocommerce store.

sharmstr

Woocommerce has their own data that’s separate from Buddypress. The plugin only works with buddypress fields. You can speak with the plugin developer about changing this if you want.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?