This topic has 21 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     secretenergy
    Participant

Good day. I update my theme via wordpress and everything appears to have went well except for a few minor customizations. However when I went to the theme edit area I see this message and an indication that the theme is broke. Before I keep building I need to know what this is related to and how can I fix it. Here is a screen shot attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Catalin

you renamed the folder theme in “kleo_” ? this could be related to your other question regarding the update… the folder of the them should be called “kleo”

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     secretenergy
    Participant

Okay so what should I do because I just updated via the theme update area in wordpress. Is everything fine and I should proceed?

secretenergy
    Participant

Excuse me here is the entire screen shot so its possible the real theme I’m using is named properly is that correct?

Attachments:
     sharmstr

If I where to guess your theme folder looks like

/kleo
    /kleo_
    and you’re missing /kleo_child

which is wrong.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

secretenergy
    Participant

Okay so I’m missing the child theme. Man this shit is confusing, I’m only doing what the auto updates and things instruct to do and I’m running in to these issues what do I need to do to fix this name kleo_ kleo_child via ftp?

Catalin

you should have two folders in the themes folder: kleo and kleo-child… you can find both on the .zip file you downloaded when purchasing the theme

sharmstr

What Catalin said. I mistakenly said “kleo_child”. Its should be “kleo-child”. Hyphen not underscore. Sorry.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

secretenergy
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

I think that the KLEO_ is just the backup of the old theme and WordPress shows it to you since it is in the “wp-content/themes” folder. You could connect by FTP and get that folder on your computer and just delete the kleo_ forlder from the server.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

secretenergy
    Participant

Yes but I cannot locate this folder via ftp, not sure why.

Abe
    Keymaster

look for public_html first or htdocs

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

secretenergy
    Participant

Big Abe! Yes I have done that. But what I’m saying is this is all like French to me and it only takes one moment for the Pro to go in, type a few characters and walla! I’m really not trying to break anything here.

Abe
    Keymaster

I see what you mean but there isn’t much to do since you need to enter there and back up the folder on your computer and delete it after

---

secretenergy
    Participant

Hey Abe I can do that no problem and I see what you are saying that will remove the indication of a broken theme in the wordpress panel, my main issue is what about the child theme is it missing now? As you see in my recent ticket none of my changes to the template are taking and I’m trying to make a decision to either revert back to 1.5 or keep moving forward either way I have people that are supposed to be working on hold and a deadline to meet so I need some advice on this asap

sharmstr

Did you back up your child theme? If so, reupload it and activate it. Once reactivated, all your previous changes will be present.

secretenergy
    Participant

It doesn’t seem like its there, please see image attached. Just this mean my child theme has been deleted somehow?

Attachments:
     sharmstr

Correct. The kleo-child theme is not there. If you followed my advice in the “Update or Not” topic, you should have downloaded the kleo and kleo-child folders. If you did that, upload kleo-child to the server.

If you didn’t, go to themes -> install new and select the kleo-child.zip file located in the theme forest download, then activate it. You will have lost any changes made to style sheets and functions, but you should still have everything you set using Theme Options since those are stored in the db.

secretenergy
    Participant

Hey thanks for assisting me.It turns out that this folder was also not in the backups or was there under Kleo_ with nothing in it so this has been an issue for awhile. So at this point are you saying I should upload the new Kleo_Child to the server via ftp and activate it? If so is this also the reason why the them will not take any updates because the Child theme is missing or is that another issue? Thanks again for your time and energy.

sharmstr

If you never had the kleo-child theme activated, then installing it now to get your previous theme option settings back wont work.

secretenergy
    Participant

Okay, in regards to why my theme options will not change when I make updates to them is that something else or related to this?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi secretenergy
    Theme options should save once in your active theme. I don’t think is related to anything said above

---

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?