This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by ARCHE.

• Author
     ARCHE
    Participant

Hi guys,

Could you please help me with this:

I would like that ALL images that are inserted within Blog Posts could have this caption style (or something similar): caption-test

I am happy with the default caption style for Portfolio Items, I would like to change ONLY the one in Blog Posts. Thank you in advance!

ARCHE
    Participant

I don’t know if this is the best way of doing it but this CSS seems to be a good solution for me:

COPY CODE
    .wp-caption p.wp-caption-text {
     float: left;
     margin-top: 15px;
     margin-left: 20px;
     border-left: 1px solid #e7e7e7;
     font-size: 13px;
     line-height: 18px;
     text-align: left;
    }

I put this as Custom CSS for every blog post. Can you suggest me a better way to have this? Without inputting custom CSS for every single post? Thanks!

sharmstr

Every wp page type as a body class that has the type. So try this

COPY CODE

.single-post .wp-caption p.wp-caption-text {
     float: left;
     margin-top: 15px;
     margin-left: 20px;
     border-left: 1px solid #e7e7e7;
     font-size: 13px;
     line-height: 18px;
     text-align: left;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ARCHE
    Participant

Hi @sharmstr,

Thank you. Is there a way to target only the captions within Blog Posts? Because when I put the code you suggested in Appearance > Editor it changes also the captions of Portfolio items.

Also, can you please suggest me a way to make the caption sit on the right side of the image? Like this sample: image

Thank you again.

sharmstr

It shouldn’t. Portfolios use .single-portfolio. Perhaps something else is going on. Provide a link.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ARCHE
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

credentials dont work

ARCHE
    Participant
     ARCHE
    Participant
     sharmstr

I used the code I gave you and it works fine as far as only doing it on posts and not portfolios.

ARCHE
    Participant

Thanks sharmstr! I must have some caching issues, checked it from another browser and from another computer and you were right, it works OK…

Another thing about caption styling… do you think it is possible to have the caption at the right side of the image? Would this be a quick fix?

Thank you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?