This topic has 22 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     mitchcan
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve got a situation where I need to use a custom menu in the before-kleo-main area. When I place a widget with a custom menu there, even with the same settings as the main menu, none of the default styling applies (the little blue dot for notifications, the avatar for my account, any of the icons, etc…)

How do you recommend I go about getting that default styling to apply to the custom menu in the before kleo main area?

Thank you.

Laura

Hello, it would be good to see it to give you the proper code 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

mitchcan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, i see, you can add icons to it with css, but the avatar would need more than css, if you want i can help you with the css for the icons and a bit styling to the menu, if you want just let me know which icons do you want for which items

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

mitchcan
    Participant

For now, as I am testing this out, I’ll just use the same icons I have in the Primary menu. Are you pulling icons from fontello? Like ‘E80E’ for the mail envelope? Or ‘E835’ for the ‘home’ icon?

If so, please let me know the base structure I’d use to place each icon in the custom menu, and I can change out the icon id as needed.

So you were saying the “kleo-menu kleo-user_avatar-nav” might need some additional code to work in custom menus? How would that work?

Thanks for your help. Have a great day.

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Radu

Hi @mitchcan,

The My account menu + avatar and notifications + ajax it was designed to work only on the header.It can be restyled and adapted to work in the sidebar but isn’t an easy task. It’s more than few CSS lines.

If you really need to achieve this functionality please send us an email to development team dev@seventhqueen.com for a quote.

Regards
    R.

mitchcan
    Participant

Thanks Laura,

Hey Radu, I understand. I’m not looking for anything super custom like that. But help me with this, if you will…

I thought if I used the ‘main menu options’ meta box, I could change the menus that displayed in the Primary and Secondary areas on that specific page (see the attached screencap). That would seem to resolve my issue by not needing custom menu placement.

In this case, if I make changes to the menus I want to display for this page, it is NOT reflected in real life, the default Primary and Secondary menus still display.

Am I thinking wrong on how this works? I thought I had it working that way on another page?

Thanks for your direction.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu
     mitchcan
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

On my local install, I can use and have custom menu assigned even on the BuddyPress components page.

So, I saw that you have many plugins, this can be caused by this, or by some modification from the child theme, try to de-activate child theme by activating parent and i recommend you to deactivate all plugins then check the menu assignation to see that this will work, then enable plugins back one by one to identify what causes that.

Cheers
    R.

mitchcan
    Participant

I understand, but I have every plugin deactivated except K Elements 4.1 and Visual Composer 5.0.1, and it works fine. The minute I activate BuddyPress 2.7.4, the menus go crazy wrong on those BP pages.

This happens both with Kleo and with the Kleo child themes.

There has to be some conflict in Kleo 4.16.2 and BP 2.74 related to menus, no?

I have left the site in this exact state so that you may see what I am talking about.

Thanks Radu, have a good day.

Radu

No, there is no compatibility issue between those, on my install it works.

Have a good day
    Cheers
    R.

mitchcan
    Participant

OK, then please explain how if I ONLY have Kleo 4.1.7 (not child), and the most recent versions of KElements, VC and Slider Rev active, and NO other plugins, menus work on those pages.

The minute I activate BuddyPress 2.7.4, the menus DO NOT work on those pages (specifically, they display whatever is listed in the admin metabox as ‘Primary’ menu option on that specific page, and display that one menu in ALL three locations – Kleo Top, Primary, and Secondary).

See screencaps.

How is that?

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi again,

I’ve tested in detail this, with the plugins mentioned by you activated and I can see a problem with the menu assignation but sometimes it work sometimes not on the bp components pages, I need more time to can figure out what’s going on there

We will get back to you tomorrow

Cheers
    R.

mitchcan
    Participant

Hey Radu,

It’s been about a week, so I thought I would follow up and see if you have figured out why this issue happens.

Thanks.

Radu

Hi,

We are working on that but we are stuck somewhere we are into this and we will fix this, we will let you know

Cheers
    R.

mitchcan
    Participant

Hey,

So it’s been a couple weeks since the last update, and over a month since I first reported, have you been able to make any progress on why this bug happens?

It’s keeping me from rolling out something for a new site (including buying another kleo theme). 🙂

Thanks.

Radu

WE will be fixed in next update that will be released those days.

Cheers
    R.

mitchcan
    Participant

Excellent to hear. Thanks!

Have a great day.

Radu

Cheers
    R.

mitchcan
    Participant

I have updated to 4.1.8 and in initial testing this issue seems to be resolved. Thanks for continuing the great support of a solid product.

Now I’m off to buy another license for a new project. 🙂

Have a great day!

Radu

You’re welcome

Have a nice week

Best regards
    R.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?