This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     loraehmke
    Participant

When I try to send a Public Message to another user on my site, there is no “submit” button to post this message. Please see attached screenshot.

In this example, I went to a user’s profile on the site and clicked “Public Message.” Then the @username message box appears on a new page. I can type my message but there’s no way to submit it. Please advise. The Private Message options works just fine. I can also post my own status updates…just having issues with the Public messages.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Usually this is an indication of a jquery error. Can you verify that the ‘post update’ button does show when trying to do a regular activity stream posts (not an @mention)?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

loraehmke
    Participant

Yes, I can verify that. The “post update” button does indeed show when I make a regular activity stream post (see screenshot). So I guess the issue is only when I try to do an @mention post.

Attachments:
     sharmstr

You’re showing a screen shot from a different section. Please verify from the activity stream page, not from a members profile activity stream since that’s not where the initial problem is. Thanks.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

loraehmke
    Participant

OK. From the Activity page, I removed the @mention and started typing my own post. There is still no submit button (see screenshot).

Attachments:
     sharmstr

Lets try this one more time. Just go to the activity page… not via an @mention… just go to http://www.yoursite.com/activity. Then click in the box and tell us if it appears.

I’ve seen this happen before and it was a jquery issue. It only happened on the main activity stream, not the one in the profile. It had nothing to do with @mentions. That’s what I’m trying to determine. If it happens on the main activity page regardless of the @mention. In order to do this, I dont want you to start with an @mention. Hope this make sense.

Or, alternatively, respond privately with credentials and a link to your site.

loraehmke
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Okay. Any chance you’re hosting with WPEngine? You’re having the same problem as in this topic. Your main activity page isn’t loading the necessary buddypress javascript file. Not only is not showing the buttons, but when clicking on the comment button, it reloads the page instead of just displaying the comment form. Contact your host. Good luck.

sharmstr

Sorry, here’s the link to the topic: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/attachment-and-post-buttons-for-whats-new-posts-on-groups-were-hidden

loraehmke
    Participant

I am using WP-Engine. I’ll contact them. Thanks for your help!

sharmstr

Anytime.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?