This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by koenhurtekant.

• Author
     koenhurtekant
    Participant

Hello,

May 17 buddypress 3.0 was released with the most important change being the new ‘nouveau template pack’ which offers more possibilities compared to its predecessor’s ‘legacy’ template pack. Kleo being advertised as a focused ‘buddypress theme’, I would have expected it to be compatible with it from the day of the release. In fact when I browse through the support forum at codecanyon all I can find is that it is not yet compatible. Trying to choose ‘nouveau’ in the buddypress option does not work, it always defaults back to the legacy template, thus I assume Kleo still isn’t compatible (I wouldn’t mind being wrong). This is notwithstanding the ‘Kleo’ changelog:

Version 4.3.7 – 19.05.2018

– BuddyPress 3.0 compatibility

Having tried the ‘nouveau’ template pack on another website with another theme, I must say that ‘nouveau’ is far superior in flexibility. After installing it, one can simply go to the ‘customizer’ to change its settings. There one can move the different buttons and set a home page where you can add widgets, both for member pages and group pages. This is obviously a step forward and I’m sure many ‘Kleo’ theme users would love to be able to set a homepage of their choice in buddypress. Alas, not yet possible. When will this be available in ‘Kleo’ theme?

I will admit that the layout of a standard buddypress ‘nouveau’ could be improved upon. I like the ‘vertical’ tabs on a desktop for example, but when you view that same website on a mobile it looks awful (the ‘hamburger’ icon on mobile is far better), thus there sure is room for ‘Kleo’ to improve upon it so that it will look polished on both.

I’m hoping Kleo will integrate ‘nouveau’ template compatibility soon?

Abe
    Keymaster

HI, we already have than in plan and already migrating but it will be released somewhere in February next year. Related to the 3.0 compatibility from our changelog, we made it compatible to work with no problems but still with the legacy template.
    Thank you

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

koenhurtekant
    Participant

Ok, thank you, that’s something to look forward to 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?