This topic has 18 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Andrei.

• Author

Good evening. Is there a suggested logo size to use? I know the baseline starts at 88 pixels high.

I have a client I am building a website for that has a more vertical logo, so 88 pixels high might be too small.

Thanks.

Ok, I have discovered a bug / problem. On a new website I am building, I made the logo size 150px tall. It generally works fine if I have the sticky top menu on and resize on scroll on. However, I just turned off the sticky top menu, and even though I have the menu area set at 150px tall, the logo is 88 pixels tall (the default), which makes the logo smaller than desired.

How do I force the height of the logo to be the size of the image I uploaded (150px in this case)?

Laura

Hello, you can do it with css, please share a link to your site 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, please add this to your quick css or style.css in wp-content/themes/kleo-child/style.css

COPY CODE

.logo img {
    margin-top: -6px;
    max-height: 100% !important;
    width: auto;
    height: auto;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Laura,

Works perfect! Thanks!

Just for my reference, is this going to be adjusted in a future Kleo theme update, or will I need to continue to do this across all my websites into the future? I have several websites I will be building that have various height requirements for the logo.

Thanks!

Laura

Hello, if you added it to child theme css it will stay there even if you update 🙂

Laura, sorry if I wasn’t clear. I like to keep my child theme css clean, so if Kleo was going to be updated in the future with this coding, I can put a reminder to eventually remove that code … or the opposite, have a reminder in my personal web dev guides to always add it on every install and keep it in there. Just curious. 🙂

Laura

Hello, when you update the theme, you just have to update kleo and not kleo child, developers should know that

Laura, I do understand that as I am a web dev and have spent quite a lot of money on themes over the years, including multiple licenses of Kleo (and still plan on buying more for future web projects). This is something I do know, and my apologizes if you think I am a clueless developer.

I think you might be completely misunderstanding what I am asking here.

Kleo main theme has undergone several theme updates since it was launched, fixing various bugs and adding various new features and plugin adaptations. To me, I consider this situation a bug or a flaw in the programming that intentionally restricts, by the coding, the size of the logo. Nowhere in the documentation that I read or saw (maybe I missed it) that stock Kleo forces and only uses logos 88px tall. So, again, this to me is a bug, and the adjustment you provided would be added into the stock programming in a future Kleo update.

If that is the case, when that happens, I can then remove that coding from my Kleo Child Theme coding as it would be unnecessary to have. In other words, as I mentioned before, I would then remove it to keep it clean so I do not have unnecessary coding in there.

So my question is, do you all find this as a bug and will it be updated in a future release, or is this not considered a bug and will not be altered in the future?

That is all I was asking. Just a friendly check to see if you all classified this as a bug with a temp fix for me that will be applied to a future Kleo release. I certainly didn’t intend on this going this far or somewhat be considered a clueless developer.

Andrei

Hi Mate,

Could you please give me admin credentials to play a little bit with the floating menu, and see if there are any bugs ?

Looking forward.

Andrei

Ok, so I see you managed to figure out from where to increase the placeholder of the logo, which is the “Main menu height” setting. From what I’ve tested it works just find even without the code that Laura given you.

Hope this is clear now.
    Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Cheers

Andrei

I just tested once more on 3 different browsers and in all of them i see the big version of the logo. Could you please try and clear you cache or try from a different browser ?

Cheers

Andrei

Did some more tests, and it seems that this is a nasty small bug which happens just under Windows environment, and I was testing from a OSX system, from where it works just fine.
    We’ll get more deeper into this and see what’s the issue, and we’ll probably fix it in our next update.
    Meanwhile you can keep the code that Laura given you.

Thanks for your collaborations.
    Cheers

Good deal… glad I could help at least narrow it down a bit. I love this theme … already purchased six licenses for six websites I have developed, and have three more websites in the works over the next week or two (and more current client conversions coming down the line!).

Andrei

I’m glad to hear that, good luck with the business.

Cheers

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?