This topic has 14 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Boblebad.

• Author
     guy_fraser
    Participant

Currently, on profile pages, there’s a “Show More/Less” link to the right of the main avatar image… And clicking on the avatar image itself just reloads the whole page. This seems crufty.

What if when hovering the mouse over the main avatar image a + or – overlay appears over it, and clicking it toggles the expanded/collapsed display. You could then remove “Show More/Less” link (one less thing to translate!) and the screen would look much cleaner and exude awesomeness. 🙂 It would also be much nicer to use on mobile devices as the avatar is a much bigger ‘touch target’ than the tiny “Show More/Less” link.

Also, would it be possible to add hover tooltip to the online/offline indicator – it’s not immediately apparent what a blue dot means (at first I thought it was just an aesthetic design thing, I didn’t realise it was an online status indicator). In fact, the hover text could say when they were last online and remove that from next to the @<username> text below avatar. So if they are currently online the hover text would be “Currently online”, if they are offline the hover text would be “Last online x hours y minutes ago”.

Pedroml
    Participant

This is very logical, I agree with those suggestions.

guy_fraser
    Participant

Another suggestion: Instead of showing user’s last status update below the avatar, allow them to customise that text – for example, what is their job or hobby? This would be far more meaningful, especially when viewing the members list.

designing
    Participant

Hi Guy_fraser

Some very good suggestions, especially the “Show More/Less” I hope they add that to the next update

🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

Nice suggestions. We wrote them down 😀

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Boblebad
    Participant

And the message to change avatar should only be activated when hovering over the avatar, not when just mousing over the whole profile section, it’s a little annoying.

Abe
    Keymaster

this is a KLEO theme topic.

For Sweetdate we wanted to be visible since lots of users said their members can’t see where to change the profile picture from

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

guy_fraser
    Participant

@Abe / @Boblebad : IMHO it would be better to find some other way to encourage users to fill in their profile. One thing I’m considering is BadgeOS: http://badgeos.org/ – it has some ready-made stuff for awarding badges to people who fill in their profile, etc.

Boblebad
    Participant

Ohh, yes can see that the function in KLEO is different from Sweet Date.

Can’t you highlight the path in different colors to show e.g. green when viewing KLEO, pink when viewing Sweet Date posts/threads, or any other different color ?

Why, cause it’s confusing when KLEO is the backbone of Sweet Date, then it’s hard to figure out what is what and what is functioning in the same way, and what can be used “cross-platform” like.

EDIT: Even better, limit the search, i don’t understand when i’m in the Sweet Date forum, then search returns result from the whole support forum.

Abe
    Keymaster

@Boblebad We are working on adding search by theme and not on the whole forum.
    Kleo is the name of the framework used in both themes and then we liked the name so much that we wanted the theme to have this name also 🙂

---

Boblebad
    Participant

That’s sounds great @Abe 🙂

It’s a bit confusing, is there anything that can be used directly from the KLEO theme and support threads in Sweet Date ?

Abe
    Keymaster

It is really hard to take pieces from one theme into another since they have different structure and plugins

---

Boblebad
    Participant

Okay, but when using KLEO framework functions, isn’t they the same, or are some of them altered to fit Sweet Date ?

Abe
    Keymaster

Don’t complicate the things. they share certain functions but anything else is just a matter of naming

---

Boblebad
    Participant

I’m not sure what you mean by complicating things, i ask about the shared functions, whether they can be used, but as i “hear” you, they can’t be course of some renaming.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?