This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     guy_fraser
    Participant

Personally, I’ve been asking a gazillion things in these forums and worked through many issues with your awesome help. I would like to repay your assistance by creating some additional documentation “How To’s” for the theme and was wondering if you’d be open to the idea of setting up an area on this site or a fresh WP install where I could contribute articles? I imagine that one or two others here would also be interested in this. It’s in customer’s interests to free up your time so you can focus on theme updates.

It could be perhaps implemented by creating a social site using WP, Kleo, BP and Social Articles plugin, thus giving your team ability to moderate contributions before they go public.

For example, over the next few weeks I’m going to be asking a plethora of questions about how you created your theme demo home page (I’ve tried doing it from scratch and struggling with it)… Let’s turn that problem (increased support workload on your part) in to a solution (better documentation, for free).

It would allow your team to focus more on making changes to the theme, whilst allowing customers to plug holes in the documentation. Prospective customers will also find comfort in seeing a site with lots of examples of how to customise the theme.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, that is a very nice idea. We are creating a Knowledge base in the support site and we will create also this option so you can add articles.

Thanks for this 😉

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

guy_fraser
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     guy_fraser
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi @guy_fraser
    you should have access now. let me know if it is ok.
    We already have that plugin and it make the job a lot easier.

Thanks again

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

guy_fraser
    Participant

Yup that’s working now 🙂

Is there a CSS class I can add to screenshot images to make them look nicer? Maybe something that adds a border?

Abe
    Keymaster

Add a class, let’s say bordered-image and we will style it properly when we see it live

---

guy_fraser
    Participant

Ok, done. I’ve submitted for review (several times by accident, sorry for notification spam!) an article titled “Changing section icons in profiles and groups”

One thing I struggle with is the feature images – I’m not very good at doing graphics for those. Maybe your team could make a nicer feature image for the pages?

guy_fraser
    Participant

Not sure what format to use for shortcode docs – any ideas?

Abe
    Keymaster

“Changing section icons in profiles and groups” looks really nice. Thanks for that.
    We will take care of featured image sure.
    What do yo mean by shortcode docs? If you want to include a shortcode and not to be parsed by WOrdpress add it like:
    [[shortcode attribute=””]]

Thanks again 😉

---

guy_fraser
    Participant

For the shortcodes, as there will be several pages (one for each shortcode) I’m just trying to determine the best way to approach the documentation.

I started by using tabs, one for each parameter on the shortcode, but wonder if that’s UI overkill that will make reading the docs cumbersome. So I was just asking if your team has any ideas on the best format for shortcode documentation pages.

Ideally the documentation should have consistent format for each ‘section’ in the documentation – so all pages documenting shortcodes should have a similar structure for example.

Abe
    Keymaster

For the shortcodes we were thinking to add a different section for each theme and to be something like this: http://docs.woothemes.com/document/shortcodes
    Something like we added on the demo for woo: http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/shop-shortcodes but with detailed info on each possible attribute.
    You can add them as pages or in the KB and we will move them in the right place. We haven’t really decided to the final structure yet.

Thanks again 😉

---

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?