This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by metalmick.

• Author
     metalmick
    Participant

Hi,
    I have just been altering the script in the horizontal search form and when I pressed save something weird happened. My site appeared to revert back to the original sweetdate settings with the original graphics and texts and although my wordpress dashboard is showing everything as normal all my Sweetdate options have jammed… when you press on a tab like Homepage nothing happens, the pages remain white and empty. I have done a full restore vie my host (Bluehost) which didn’t cure it and then I deleted and re loaded the sweetdate theme. This hasn’t fixed it either… it’s still jammed.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi. All settings are saved to database and even on theme update that should not affect your settings. If you enabled the child theme it is possible to redo some settings from the Sweetdate panel

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

metalmick
    Participant

Discovered cause of problem because it happened a second time! I wanted a ‘magnifying glass’ symbol in my search script so cut and pasted this symbol from Graphemica.com. The second I pasted it in the sweetdate – buddypress- horizontal from box it immediately reset all my Sweetdate settings to default! Grrrrrrr! Maybe it’s infected with a virus or the site is dodgy? KEEP CLEAR!

http://graphemica.com/%F0%9F%94%8D

metalmick
    Participant

I’ve just tried other unicode symbols and it doesn’t like them at all even though they paste in the box fine. When you press save changes it still resets all Sweetdate settings. The good news is if you go back one page to the previous dashboard page showing the search box before you added the symbol, press save changes … everything comes back as normal!

metalmick
    Participant

Just sussed out the problem. I was trying to add another ‘search’ symbol to the page that was identical to the one being used on the actual button (left pointing magnifying glass). This confused it totally, I assume it did some weird search of itself causing it to crash and revert all settings to default. When I used a right pointing image I had no problem at all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?