This topic has 29 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     topnation
    Participant

Hi,

Just have a quick question, searched around for an answer but can’t find one.

I’d just like to find a way to not have “new registered members” post as an update in the activity stream, for site wide activity.

Is there a way to turn this off?

Thanks.

Laura

Hello, please check out this post http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/block-new-registration-updates-in-activity-stream-bp-17
    Let me know if it helps 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

topnation
    Participant

@Laura, Thanks so much for this help, I almost got it!

The only thing is this code got rid of everything, including post from users. I even logged in as a different user, created a post, and it disappeared when I refreshed the page, saying “sorry no activity found”.

I’m also running a plugin “rate widget” and that disappears with that code as well. The code I’m using that works with my plugin is:
    <?php if ( bp_has_activities( bp_ajax_querystring( ‘activity’ ) . friends_and_me) ) : ?>

Is there a way to alter this code just so it removes new registered members, and friend to friend/group updates, and just keep activity updates from me and users, while still working with my plugin?

Thanks.

topnation
    Participant

I figured it out! Thank you!

Just one other questions about registering. When I registered as a user, I’m sent a generic wordpress@mysite email, (can I change this to be my website email instead) to activate my account. You click the link in the email it opens a page to tell you, you are successfull in activating your account.

Now on that page there is a link that takes you to my WP login page, and logs the user into the backend on wordpress dashboard. Can that link be modified to take the user back to home page?

Laura

Hello, you can set it up in WordPress Settings, if not working for buddypress, check out buddypress in Settings.
    Let me know if it works 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

topnation
    Participant

I’m looking now in buddypress settings, the only thing I see is : Enable BuddyPress to WordPress profile syncing, should I uncheck that?

I don’t seem to see a section in settings thats about activation email. In general settings, it has my email, but thats just for notifications, not the email thats sent to new users.

topnation
    Participant

Also on the registration form I would like to edit “username” tab and say username cannot be changed, and hide the activity of members, for example: “@username active 3 minutes ago”.

Thanks!

topnation
    Participant

Thanks @Laura! I think I found a plugin for the email issue, but for the second, I would like to edit the registration form, and hide member activity under the profile pic.

Thanks!

Laura

Hello, just go to Users > Profile fields and add a description under Name field ecause you caanot edit username field 🙂

For the activity, go to Theme Options > General > Scroll down to find quick css and add this

COPY CODE

.buddypress div#item-header div#item-header-content span.activity {
      margin-left: 10px;
      color: rgb(187, 187, 201);
      display: none;
    }

topnation
    Participant

Hi @Laura, Thanks so much! It worked, you are truly awesome!

One last thing on this, it still shows the post you made but cannot click on it under the profile pic, is there away to delete the users last post completely in profile section? if not I’m ok with that, getting rid of the time was a bigger concern Thanks!

Last, how can I also get rid of the members count, I saw it in another post, but the code did not work for me.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     topnation
    Participant

It would also be best, if I could just get rid of all the text under the profile pictures.

Laura

Hello, could you link me to an user profile? I will give you the css to hide it 🙂

topnation
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, to remove members count just edit the page and delete the shortcode
    For the transparent background, try with this css

COPY CODE

.header-color, .header-color .kleo-main-header {
      background-image: none !important;
      background-attachment: inherit;
      background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5) !important;
    }

topnation
    Participant

No that didn’t work. Can you please look at my screen shots below, screen shot 1 is the way I want the header to look on every page.

That code made the header bigger, and gray and the drop down menu not transparent.

I would like the header “black” transparent, and the drop down menu transparent as well, like screen shot 1.

Thanks.

Attachments:
     topnation
    Participant

Also not sure if I was in the right place for removing members count, but I went through my dashboard and went to page>members and did not see the shortcode, should I be in “file manager” looking for the php file?

In my activity, one of my users uploaded audio with rt media, its not showing in my Site Wide Activity, I changed it to only show activity updates, and not new registrations, but it should show rt media updates because I logged in as a user and it was fine for me.

I Looked in the dashboard under activity, and I saw others were cleared by Akismet, and this users post was not. So is this a settings thing, did not see in the settings how to automatically clear comments, post updates, etc, or does a code need to be applied to make sure users post show up in site wide activity.

But the audio update does show in the media tab on the users profile like in screen shot 1, but not in the activity or in the activity on their profile, so not sure why this is.

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, the header cannot be transparent in other pages as the background is white. Its transparent in homepage because you have an image as background so the header can be transparent to that image. But as in other pages there is no image as background, only a color, it cannot be transparent, it can be white, grey… or any other color but its impossible to be transparent to white background. I can make it light grey, to simulate a transparent overlay with

COPY CODE

.header-color, .header-color .kleo-main-header {
      background-image: none !important;
      background-attachment: inherit;
      background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.11);
    }
    ul.dropdown-menu.sub-menu.pull-left {
      background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.07) !important;
    }

Members count

COPY CODE

li#members-all {
    }
    div#member-dir-count-top {
    }

By default, user updates should show in activity, maybe rtmedia is not well setup for that, could you share admin credentials?

topnation
    Participant

Ok Thank you @Laura, I applied the “members code in Quick Css and it’s not working, is that where it should go?

I’m going to see if it happens again, with the activity, if it continues I will send you admin credentials.

Thank you, you are very helpful and great!

topnation
    Participant

Yes, Thank you! That header looks, cool, only the notifications tab doesn’t change in the drop down. Anyway of making that transparent as well?

So the code for the header is working but not for members in Quick Css. I would like the members count in the activity to be taken out as well.

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, please try this for members

COPY CODE

li#members-all {
    }

I need an user so i can see the notification dropdown 🙂

topnation
    Participant

It doesn’t seem to be working, maybe I need to give you editor access, so you can see notification and fix these things. Also speaking of activity, I notice a bigger issue.

When users are uploading from the “media” tab on their profile, it doesn’t show in the activity.

I would like for the media that users upload to also show in the site wide activity automatically.

Plus the media displays mp3’s and photos all over the place, I have the page set on 3 columns, and the photos are in different columns, please see screen the shot and let me know how I should fix this.

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support lever who can help and advise you in your query.
    It would be good to have you credentials to facilitate our work.
    Thanks! 🙂

topnation
    Participant

How long would it take for a higher support lever to fix?

And for now do you have a code, and where I should put the code to delete the media tab. That’s really the most important.

Thanks.

Laura

Hello, so you want to delete the media tab?
    I’m sorry im a bit confused oculd you give me a detailed explanation?

topnation
    Participant

Sure, I’ve attached a screen shot, I saw it in another post awhile back about removing tabs.

It would resolve a lot of issues because its all cluttered over each other when you are viewing all, and users upload to media and it doesn’t show in site wide activity.

Or even just to hide it.

Thanks

Attachments:
     topnation
    Participant

When I click on a users media the photos and audio are all on top of each other. It looks really bad! Can you please help me to get rid of the media tab. This would be my first choice,

or send a code to fix it so it does not show like this,

and when a user uploads to media, it will “ALSO” show in the site wide activity.

Thanks.

Attachments:
     Andrei

Make sure you have the last version of the theme and of the rtMedia plugin, and also be sure you didn’t made any modifications to the rtMedia layout. I’m recommending you all this because I couldn’t reproduce your behavior and this means the issue is isolated in your case.

To remove the media tab from user profile you will have to add this small code snippet into your functions.php file.

COPY CODE

// Remove profile tabs
    function bp_remove_profile_tabs() {
        global $bp;
        unset($bp->bp_nav['media']);
    }
    add_action('bp_init', 'bp_remove_profile_tabs', 9999);

Cheers

topnation
    Participant

@Andrei Thank you it worked! I think it looks much better without the tab! I just have a few more questions.

Can you please tell me how to get rid of the members count on site wide activity?

And in another post, which is a bigger issue, I asked a question 2 weeks ago and never got an answer about the sign in for “non-facebook” users. It just sits on the spinning wheel for hours doing nothing.

It doesn’t log you in from the home page. I Would really like to get that solved. I have a few users who don’t use Facebook, and can’t log in through the home page or log in with the pop up screen. Please see my screen shots.

Attachments:
     topnation
    Participant

Hi there, so any answers?

Andrei

Hi,

To hide the members count you’ll have to create a css rule and hide that certain element from the page.

Regarding your login issue it seems there is a strange redirect loop with breaks the login script.
    This might be because of some conflicting plugin, some custom code used in functions.php file or some custom redirects written into the .htaccess file.

Please try to deactivate your plugins one by one until you find the one that produces this issue or temporary remove any custom modifications that you might made to the theme so that you can see from where does the issue appear.

Last, don’t forget to check your .htaccess file.
    Cheers

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?