This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by SQadmin.

• Author
     liensenor
    Participant

Hi,
    Like i already told you, i want to create an events manager site. But i want to know :

1. How or where to customize the home page search form?

2. How to add this form on any page with a shortcode : http://themeforest.net/item/sweet-date-premium-wordpress-theme-for-lovers/full_screen_preview/4994573

3. How to modify gender, age and other form field with mine? I want it to searh post or page by country, states or post categories…

4. How to remove comments on everypage ? example here : http://my-private-event.com/evenements/soumettre-un-evenement/

Cheers…

rugwarrior
    Participant

Hi liensenor,

1. There will be an update this week with more search options I think. Maybe you want to wait before editing youself?

2. This takes me to the theme demo page… is this intended?

3. You can do this in the WordPress Admin area under Users->Profile Fields

4. What do you mean with this?

Kind regards

liensenor
    Participant

Hi Warrior,

I will wait the update.

Thank you for the answer. Here are precision:

About point 2: yes it is intended. I want to display that kind of search bar in my home page. I mean the search bar after the header.

About point 4. On every pages, I user have a box to submit comments. But i want to disable it.

New point 5.: I have received a code to remove the search form on the header home page. But when i add that code, it diplay a long header on all pages. I hope in update we will have an option to choose desired header.

Thanks

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Thanks rugwarrior 🙂
    1 and 3 will be included in this week update
    2. Indeed it is out demo page in that link
    4. In every page you have a Discussion section. Here, uncheck those 2 options.
    For newly created pages to have discussion disabled go to Settings -> Discussion and uncheck Allow people to post comments on new articles

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     liensenor
    Participant

Thanks sqadmin,

For the point 2, i’m talking about this form : http://seventhqueen.com/demo/sweetdatewp/members/

How to add it in home page after header please?

– after activating your theme, there is no option to hide comments on pages.

New point 5.: You sent me a code to remove the search form on the header home page. But when i add that code, it diplay a long header on all pages. I hope in update we will have an option to choose desired header.

Thanks

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Point 2. I will create a function to call that form in this update.

For comments please read what I said:
    In every page you have a Discussion section. Here, uncheck those 2 options.
    For newly created pages to have discussion disabled go to Settings -> Discussion and uncheck Allow people to post comments on new articles
    If you don’t see the discussion section enable it from top page Screen Options. This is basic WordPress

Point 5. I said to replace your existing code. Please read carefully

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi.
    Point 2 can easily be done from 1.3 update. Details in Sweetdate-Buddypress

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?