This topic has 19 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Bricep.

• Author
     saywee
    Participant

hi there,

this really starts to become annoying:
    some changes i did in the theme options work, most of them not, some after several “save & refresh”.

changing google fonts does not work at all.
    changing colors in styling options i tried almost a hundred times. no intended change.
    where can i change top bar background color and link/icon color? only possible by editing css in child theme?

i bought this theme because of its community enhancement, but basic functions which i know from many other themes are not convincing at all.

would need support – urgent!

thank you, saywee

sharmstr

Does your host have caching enabled? I’ve tried adding code to your childs functions.php which I know for a fact works and its completely ignoring it.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

saywee
    Participant

hello sharmstr,

thx for your reply!
    i forwarded this issue to the provider.
    but how could it be that some parts are editable, some not – despite possible caching problems?

best, saywee

sharmstr

There is an update coming that allows you to disable ajax saving of theme options that isnt working on some hosts. I’m thinking this is the issue. But when I add the code to disable ajax saving of the options in the child theme, it isnt working.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

saywee
    Participant

do you know when this update will be released?

best, saywee

sharmstr

Do me a favor, go to /kleo/lib/options.php and make the following changes

around line 33: Change this

COPY CODE

$args['ajax_save'] = true;

to this

COPY CODE

$args['ajax_save'] = apply_filters( 'kleo_theme_options_ajax', true );

I’m still not positive that this will fix the overall issue, but I want to rule it out.

saywee
    Participant

done that. unfortunately you were right, damn.
    never had such a problem before, also using the same provider …
    hope to get info by the provider soon.

best, saywee

sharmstr

It looks like its working now. Before when I changed the text color to red, it didnt change. Now it has.

saywee
    Participant

wait a sec …
    it worked once on my side. after adding some other changes it stayed the same. any other ideas how to force the system enabling the changes?

best, saywee

sharmstr

Can you be specific about the changes. I was in there too so maybe my changes blew yours away.

saywee
    Participant

you blew me away 🙂

thanks for your great support!

best, saywee

sharmstr

okay I’m out now.

sarahmcb3
    Participant

Hi, I’m having the same issue as described above for my site (www.thepowerofprinciples.com). In particular, I’m trying to change the link colors. My changes save in Theme Options for Header and Main but they are not reflected on my site. I verified the ajax code above is in my options.php file (it was already like that; I didn’t change the code).

Can you help?

Bricep
    Participant

Hello

I’m having the same issue, Kleo child / Version 3.1 /Multisite. for 2 different clients
    Changes in theme options are not displayed immediately in the front End, we have to wait 5 – 10 minutes. We have no cache plugin on the sites. I’m working with Chrome when I am connected in WP, but even if I check in Safari and Firefox, the pages are not updated with the saved options.
    Any idea ?

Thanks a lot !

Alex 🙂

sharmstr

Hey Alex,

To explain how this works, the style specific theme options are saved to a file called dynamic.css. So, if your site is taking 5-10 mins to show the changes one of two things can be happening.

1 – Most likely a caching issue. I know you say that you dont have caching enabled, but that doesnt mean your hosting company doesnt.

2 – It could be that your server is taking a long time to write the css file. I doubt this is the problem.

FTP to your sever and note the date/time stamp on the dynamic.css file located at /wp-content/custom_styles/. Save your theme options, then refresh the /wp-content/custom_styles/ view until the date/timestamp changes. This will tell you how long its taking to write the file.

Bricep
    Participant

Hi

You were right, it is a cache issue from the hosting. I think I will have to modify it in the htaccess.

I have another question concerning the child theme and how to enqueue the parent-child theme stylesheets : Which css files do I have to add in function.php of the child ?
    I was surprised to see that function.php of your child theme was empty and I don’t want to forget a style file.

Thanks!

Alex

sharmstr

Why are you surprised? They are added by default. That’s how it works.

Bricep
    Participant

I think I misunderstand something 🙂
    Do you mean that css files of the theme are added by default without having to add them in function.php as required in the WP codex? Or do I have to add them?
    In this case, I just want to know which files must be added in function.php, because I know that your theme has several css files (not only style.css) but which ones exactly?

sharmstr

They are already added. No need to add anything.

Bricep
    Participant

Really cool! Thanks a lot 🙂
    have a nice day

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?