This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sacden.

• Author
     sacden
    Participant

Hello, i ve just bought and installed Sweet Date, everything is fine. Now i need to translate theme it into russian language. I installed – Codestyling Localization. Add russian language to Sweetdate and tried to add translation, but its not working. (for example i ve changed – City (on home page) into – Город). Could you say me please what i did wrong?

First i need to change is search box. Thanks a lot for your help! (your theme is the best on the market)

——-
    Serious dating with Sweet date
    Your perfect match is just a click away
    I am a

Looking for a
    City
    Latest registered members
    ———

alberhd
    Participant

You can change some of this words in WP Admin-Users-Profile Fields

alberhd
    Participant

forget my first answer,go to /wp-content/themes/sweetdate/languages and open the .po file of your language with Poedit and you can change many of the fields. Not forget save and override the files .po .mo old with your new translation

sacden
    Participant

Thank you for reply, alberhd! I tried this also, but its not working, nothing was changed in my homepage.
    I took from this directory – /sweetdate/languages – en_US.po and en_US.mo, did a copy and gave another name ru_RU.po and ru_RU.mo. Then i found such strings as – city, age, looking for a….and added russian translation with Poedit. Then i uploaded those files over FTP to /www/wp-content/themes/sweetdate/languages.
    And nothing.

Also i couldnt find string – Serious dating with Sweet date Your perfect match is just a click away

Thank you

sacden
    Participant

Problem was solved, thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Theme translation’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?