This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     Strothi
    Participant

Hey guys,

for my user-only area, I work with a number of icons for the top menu. To my big surprise, most of them have disappeared and thus now the text shows, which makes the menu too wide. Strangely enough, one single menu item still shows the correct icon.

The icons also don’t show as set in the backend menu and when I try to add them again and click on save, they will disappear again. Hence the setting for icons is not saved.

Now, here’s what I’ve tried so far:

1) I deactivated all plugins to see, if there was a conflict and emptied the cache -> no luck

2) I recreated the menu item where the icon still appears -> no luck

3) I re-uploaded the latest version of Kleo -> no luck

Now I’m running out of ideas. Any idea what might be causing the issue.

Thanks so much in advance.

Kind regards, Philip

Laura

Hello, all icons are gone or just the top ones? Have you tried to contact your hosting provider about blocking the icons font css?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Strothi
    Participant

Dear Laura,

no, it’s just in the menu. I use the same icons in others places and it works fine. They also show up in the menu select area, they just don’t save!

Kind regards, Philip

Laura

Hello, just tested with about us menu item and it worked, can you see the icon?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Strothi
    Participant

Dear Laura,

ok, now I’m even more confused than before 😉 Yes, I see it worked, however… this only works for the first few menu items. Now, first I thought it was caused by Nav Menu Roles plugin, but I disabled it and the issue remained. I’ve spent now quite some additional time, trying to figure out the issue and here’s what I see:

1) For the first 10 menu items set, all is fine
    2) For any menu items afterwards, whether logged in, or not, things don’t work
    3) It’s not just the icons, it’s also the menu style -> e.g. if I move the “Join us” item to position 11, it looses its style which is set to “See through”
    4) I thought the Kleo menu items such as Live Notifications might be causing the issue, hence I deleted them all -> no luck
    5) I thought it was a specific menu item like the Forum, but it’s not. If I replace the position of the forum menu, the icon appears for the replaced menu item, not for the Forum anymore
    6) If I move a menu item with an icon to a position beyond 10, it will loose it’s style setting when saved!

In conclusion, something – beyond my understanding – messes up the ability to save menu styles past menu position 10 and it doesn’t matter what kind of menu item and what kind of setting is applied.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Radu

Hi,
    From what you describe the issue can be related to a server setting named max_input_vars

You should ask the hosting company to increase this value for you max_input_vars from 1000 to 2000.

You can do that from php.ini / php.user.ini or htaccess

add in php.ini max_input_vars 5000

or in htaccess php_value max_input_vars 1000

This will solve your problem, then you should re-assign the icon to the menu item.

Let me know

Cheers
    R.

Strothi
    Participant

Thanks @Radu, that was indeed the issue which we’ve now solved!

Have a nice weekend!

Radu

Hi,
    Great!
    Have a nice weekend to.
    Cheers
    R

Strothi
    Participant

Hey guys @Radu,

I just changed my primary menu and guess what, all my menu items have disappeared again 🙁 This time however the option to set menu items is completely gone in the backend?! I don’t see any errors in the console, so I was wondering whether you took out the option to set menu items with the last update maybe? And if not, any idea what might be causing the issue this time?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Philip

Strothi
    Participant

Solved the issue myself, it was a conflict with another Plugin called Restrict User Pro.

Kind regards, Philip

Radu

Hi,

Ok
    Cheers
    R

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?