This topic has 30 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     frien337
    Participant

Hello All,

There seems to be an issue with the total amount of users adding up on my site. Have a look at the bottom of my home page (www.friendsireland.com). You will notice that the total men and women do not equal the total amount of members.

Any idea why this is so? Could it be that the admin is not included in here, or maybe something else?

Thanks,
    Ryan

frien337
    Participant

Hi Support,

I did some more investigations and I found the issue – just need you to advise on how I can fix it 😉

So, the total men/women signed up show those who have activated their account through the email they get sent when they first register.
    The Total Members number only shows those that have activated their account AND logged into the site.

What are you ideas about this?

Abe
    Keymaster

Strange 🙂
    in custom_buddypress/bp-functions.php try replacing
    bp_get_total_member_count() with
    bp_core_get_total_member_count()

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

frien337
    Participant

Thanks Abe! I gave it a shot and it didn’t change, unfortunately :(. Any other ideas?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I did a function to count all members that have profile fields added
    Add it to your sweetdate-child/functions.php and then put the function name like I said above

COPY CODE

//My total numbers
    function my_total_count() {
    	global $wpdb;

$sql = "SELECT ".$wpdb->base_prefix."bp_xprofile_data.user_id FROM ".$wpdb->base_prefix."bp_xprofile_data 
    			JOIN ".$wpdb->base_prefix."bp_xprofile_fields ON ".$wpdb->base_prefix."bp_xprofile_data.field_id = ".$wpdb->base_prefix."bp_xprofile_fields.id 
    			$where";

$match_ids = $wpdb->get_col($sql);
    	return count($match_ids); 
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

FD
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the code to fix this problem.
    To fix the counter on the members directory page as well, just replace

bp_get_total_member_count()
    with
    bp_core_get_total_member_count() in wp-content/themes/sweetdate-childe/members/index.php

🙂

frien337
    Participant

Hi Abe,

This is working now, and there was no need to use your function in my child theme’s functions.php file 🙂 I was being some what of an idiot and I only replaced one of the bp_get_total_member_count() functions with bp_core_get_total_member_count() and not all three that are on the bp-functions.php file.

Thanks again for all of your help
    Ryan

FD
    Participant

Hi again

Still having some problems with the counter on the activity wall. 🙁 I have checked that the bp_core_get_total_member_count() is in all the right places. (bp-functions.php, sweetdate-childe/members/index.php and sweetdate-childe/activity/index-wall.php)
    But still the wrong numbers is displays on the activity wall.

Any ideas what I have missed?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi,
    activity-wall.php is used by Buddypress Wall plugin. try replacing in \wp-content\themes\sweetdate\activity\index.php

please try doing a search in the buddypress templates for the old function since if there are other areas you want to change it

---

willianlima83
    Participant

Hi
    My website is working well but in the homepage and members page the number of members is wrong.
    I think it’s because some members I activated manually. Now the Buddypress is not counting it.
    I have 65 members and in the home page and members page it shows 55 in total.

It’s missing 10 members.

I tried to fix it with a function in sweetdate-child/functions.php that I found in a topic here but is not working….

add_action(‘bp_core_activated_user’, ‘kleo_add_member_activity’);
    function kleo_add_member_activity($user_id)
    {
    add_user_meta( $user_id, ‘last_activity’, date(“Y-m-d H:i:s”));
    }

I confirmed the short code, I think it’s correct:
    [kleo_status_icon type=”total” subtitle=”Members in Total” image=”http://str8g0ys.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tab_icons.png”%5D

Now I want try insert this code indicated here in this topic but where can I find the page bp-functions.php ????
    I whant insert this code there:
    Replace bp_get_total_member_count() functions with bp_core_get_total_member_count() on the bp-functions.php file

Abe
    Keymaster

That function should have been added at the beginning. What you can do is the login in each account.

---

willianlima83
    Participant

But to login in each account I have to know the password… or change the password..
    It’s not a good idea..

willianlima83
    Participant

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. I rate this situation…
    I did not change any member account and the home page member count is wrong..
    Please, can you see what is happen?
    Visit the home page and see the icons ”total members”..
    Women + Men + Couples = Wrong number

When I think that I finish the configuration I got other problem.. It’s really bad…

willianlima83
    Participant

I confirmed the short code, I think it’s correct:
    [kleo_status_icon type=”total” subtitle=”Members in Total” image=”http://str8g0ys.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tab_icons.png”%5D

Abe
    Keymaster

@willianlima83 I don’t know why you are not following what I say.
    “What you can do is the login in each account. ” – I thought you created the accounts. That is because Buddypress will “know” them as actual members once they have activated the account and logged in.

---

willianlima83
    Participant

I will not log in this members account.
    I dont care if it miss 10 members and show just 70 now when I have 80 members.
    The problem is that it is not counting correctly in the hone page.
    You can see with your eyes lolol..
    Men + Women + Couples = wrong number.
    The home page cabt count correctly… 🙁

willianlima83
    Participant

I dont want log in because they are real members. Its not correct.

Abe
    Keymaster

@willianlima83 … I think it is obvious that if your total = women+man+couples so please try to do some testing and verification before posting here

---

willianlima83
    Participant

I did all test that is possible.

The short code I got here in the forum is:

You can see the image attached.. 🙂
    It’s not my fault…
    It’s showing only the total of men not the total of all members…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     willianlima83
    Participant

Just to refresh the information.
    I have 82 members now. They are real members and I cant login in their accout and I dont know the password as well.
    The home page shows only 68 (It’s ok, we can leave it for now I realize that this home page does not work)
    My question is:

Hi the short code used to get ”total memebers” is not counting at less the members that is activated in this moment?

You see: Women (1) + Men (68) + Couples (2) = 68

I know the buddypress miss the memebers we active manually, but this 71 members was activated by the activation email… its the correct way… but is not working as well.

willianlima83
    Participant

SECOND TEST.
    I did login in an member account the the total memeber is counting correctly.
    I changed the field ”I am” for couple and refreshed the home page.
    The ”total couples” icon show it correctly.
    The ”total memeber” icon is not counting it, remain in 68 members.

I changed a second time for Woman.
    Then the ”total women” shows correctly but the ”total members” remain in 68.

I dont know what kind of test I cand do because this short code is suppose to work correctly, this is the original short code.

willianlima83
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

@willianlima83 please use the visual shortcode generator to generate those icons again with the fields desired since they should work correctly.

---

willianlima83
    Participant

Hi

I did the test as you asked.

Create a new page, inserted the icon status by visual shortcode generator.. You can see the result if you want… Its the same..
    In this moment I have 92 members, 82 activated by e-mail corretly.. the rest activated manually by me…
    It shows 78 member sin total..
    Link private message..

willianlima83
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

I told your already in a number of times that those members need to login….

---

willianlima83
    Participant

Pleassseeeee… forget about these members activated manually…
    I’m talking about only members activated correctly, 82 members..

It’s showing only 78…

Abe
    Keymaster

please understand that buddypress handles that counting and it counts only users that are activated and they logged in so there is nothing in the theme to handle that.

---

willianlima83
    Participant

Then we have no solution.. I have 82 members activated correctly and it shows only 78…

It’s not my fault.. we something wrong here and the error is not caused by me.. I’m sure..

Thank you for your attention.

smka
    Participant

I have an issue also regarding this short code”[kleo_animate_numbers animation="animate-when-almost-visible" timer="3000"][kleo_total_groups][/kleo_animate_numbers” to show the total GROUPS OF INTERESTS, I would like to show the numbers of the total groups numbers, Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

Abe
    Keymaster

@smka I think your question is related to KLEO. This is Sweetdate topic

---

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?