This topic has 38 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     crashmaster
    Participant
    COPY CODE
    <span lang="en">Hello, I allow myself to contact you because I can not find the solution to translate the contact form which is on the homepage of "Create an Account" in French, I followed the tutorial https: // seventhqueen.com/support/sweetdate#link_tab-theme-translations
    with loco translate, there is the French language and translations are made but they are not taken into account on my form, thank you for your help</span>
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, you need to edit the page with elementor and where you see the search form, scroll down a little to find a red square this is the create an account form, click the pen icon to edit it and you should see the text box with the text 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

crashmaster
    Participant

I send you another ticket in response to this ticket because when I create a ticket, I have an error message

hello, I allow myself to contact you for 4 problems that I have not found the solution:

1) I wish I could change the default avatar, if there is no profile picture for users, see capture 1

2) I wish I could replace “message privé” by “envoyer un message privé” but I did not find the heading to customize it buttons, see capture 2

3) The third one I would like to be able to link the fields of research of profile (pays, région, département), for example when I select a region, that 8 departments appears (the departments of the region). See screenshot 3

4) and finally, my last problem, when a user logs on to his account, it is not possible to change his profile picture, see screenshot 4

Here are all the difficulties I have encountered for the moment.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello 🙂
    1- Please check this topic https://buddypress.org/support/topic/changing-the-default-mystery-man-avatar/
    2- You can use the plugin Loco Translate to change your language text, just go to Loco Translate – Plugins – Buddypress select your language – Edit and search for the word, same with Loco Translate – Themes – Sweetdate
    3- or bp search plugin there is not a conditional field setting right now, so we cannot add it there sadly
    4- Try by deactivating some plugin and test again

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

crashmaster
    Participant

Hello and thank you, I was able to solve some problems, but the solution for my problem to change the profile picture when we are on his profile does not work I did as you told me, by deactivating and reactivating a plugin, but I can still not change the photo, I think it’s a beug in a file, because there is written on my site “/ * Download / *]]> * /
    / * ”
    before selecting a file
    and “/ *]]> * /” after

Thanks for your help

Laura

Hello, it was a plugin, W3 Total Cache had a wrong setting, try using super cache plugin instead.
    Did you deactivate this plugin when testing?

crashmaster
    Participant

Hello, thank you very much, I will test the plugin you advised me, no I had not disabled this one, I thought it was him who posed problem

There is also another problem that when I change the cover image of my profile, it appears but when I refresh the page or when I change pages and I come back, I’m not there anymore she is not remembered.

I have another problem related to the sidebar that has disappeared and that there is an error message instead, I have a message in the backoffice that says “This theme recommends the following plugin: Sidebar Generator.”, I downloaded a generator sidebar plugin but still the same, I did not find “sidebar generator”

And finally my last point, I would like to modify the copyright that is in the footer

Thank you

Laura

Hello 🙂

There is also another problem that when I change the cover image of my profile, it appears but when I refresh the page or when I change pages and I come back, I’m not there anymore she is not remembered.

– This might be cache related to that plugin, try using incognito browser to see if the cover is there

About the sidebar, where is the error message? I do not see any at the website, and make sure you have the sidebar layout selected at Sweetdate settings

crashmaster
    Participant

Hello, not the cover image of the profile is not in private browsing, it does the same thing

And for the sidebar, it is well configured and you can see the error message on this page for example
    http://vegamities.com/forums/

Thank you

Laura

Hello, then can you try again with deactivating plugin, this time deactivate all but buddypress and test if the cover stays and if the sidebar is there

crashmaster
    Participant

Hello, I just tested by disabling all plugin except budypress and “rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress” otherwise nothing is displayed and still the same problem. There is not a technical team that can try to solve the problem?
    Thank you

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Radu

Hi,

Can you please provide FTP + WP admin to can take a closer look ?

Cheers
    R

crashmaster
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

I was able to change the avatar and it stays it’s not changing after refresh

http://vegamities.com/membres/dbo754820435/profile/change-avatar/#item-nav

Check the forum page the sidebar appears now, there you whousl install sidebar generator.

The footer text it’s builded with blogname+blogdescription+ current year dynamically, kind off.

To can change that you need to add the next code :

COPY CODE

if ( ! function_exists( 'kleo_copyright_text' ) ):
        /**
         * Add footer text
         */
        function kleo_copyright_text() {
            //echo '<p>' . __( "Copyright", 'kleo_framework' ) . ' © ' . date( "Y" ) . ' ' . get_bloginfo( 'name' ) . '. <br class="hide-for-large show-for-small"/>' . get_bloginfo( 'description' ) . '</p>';
            //echo '<p>' .$yourphpcodevariable. ' Copyright </p>';
            echo '<p>' .__('Copyright 2018') . '</p>';
        }
    endif;
    add_action( 'kleo_footer_text', 'kleo_copyright_text' );

To child theme functions.php in wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php

Cheers
    R

crashmaster
    Participant

“I could change the avatar and it remains that it does not change after the update”

hello and thank you for your help, I know, the avatar of the profile is walking, it is the header image of the profile that does not work and disappears after updating.
    see capture in Attachment.
    thank you

Attachments:
     Radu

The cover photo it’s keepen if you will use parent theme instead child.

So the issue comes from child theme most sure some outdated templates.

Cheers
    R

crashmaster
    Participant

Hello, thank you for your information.
    But the problem if I activate the parent theme, every update of the theme, I lose my changes that I made in the CSS file, that’s why I work on the child theme.
    There is not a possibility that by working on the child theme, the cover image of the profile remains?
    because I still buy the theme so I would like everything to work.

Thanks for your help

Radu

Hi,
    It’s very ok what you done by using child instead parent for customizations,the issue occurs in child theme because there it’s used an old template for buddypress profile or for buddypress cover, if you had overwritten that certain file in child theme in the past (versions before) now the buddypress has changed the initial template file and our parent theme updated them to not be outdated, so in your child theme most sure it’s a outdated one or more buddypress profile related files. You may need to re-do the modifications but using current parent theme files copying them in child.

Cheers
    R

crashmaster
    Participant

hello, so I have to activate the parent theme so that the cover of the profile remains, I have no choice?
    and copy all the css I put in the theme kids, in the parent theme?
    Will updating the theme css changes that I put in the parent theme will disappear?

Thank you

Radu

Hi,

I’ve explained you already your options in my previous reply, this may be a solution (to use parent instead the child) if you are not rewriting any php template in child theme.

The theme settings from parent and child are separated, example : if you have child theme activated and you have made your theme adjustments using the child theme, when you activate the parent theme the theme options remain in child theme to can have that in both variants you should import from child theme to parent theme the theme settings that can be imported/exported from wp-admin -> theme options -> import/export.
    So export settings from child and after you activate parent theme import them.

Cheers
    R

crashmaster
    Participant

Hello, I did as you said with import export and activation of the parent theme, but suddenly the file in the style.css child theme is no longer taken into account. I tried to copy the code in the file css style.css which is at the root of the theme parents but it does not take effect, more in the file there is the following message:

/ *
    * DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE
    * The CSS rules in this file will not be used by the theme.
    * If you want to edit / add styles, you must enable the child theme and add your custom styles to it.
    * /

or do I have to copy the code I put in the css of the kids theme? so that it works and that after updating the theme, it works. thank you

Radu

MAke sure to have it activated, if you have it it’s automatically loaded into frontend, another place where you can add your custom css it’s wp-admin -> theme options -> styling options -> quick css

Cheers
    R

crashmaster
    Participant

Hello, I allow myself to contact you because the slider on the header of the homepage which is behind the form of contact disappeared if one is not connected on the site.

Thanks for your help

Radu

Hi,

Did you had solved meanwhile ?

At this moment i can see that there.

Cheers
    R

crashmaster
    Participant

hello, no I have not solved the problem. From time to time, and sometimes he comes back alone, I do not know why

Thank you

Radu

That may be something with the server or if you have a caching plugin or service, or cloudflare or google pagespeed, may be the reason.

Cheers
    R

crashmaster
    Participant

Hi, do you think it’s because of the Autoptimize plugin or wp faster cache ? that there may be a conflict with both?

thank you

Radu

from what i know they are working ok both, if you disable wp fastest cache and leave it for 1-2 hours and test the website if continue to does that or not, if no, you can ask the wp fastest cache support, most sure there it’s a setting or something.

Cheers
    R

crashmaster
    Participant

Hello, I allow myself to contact you because the client has reported several problems and after verification, I remade that there were problems.

1) The first is that there are from time to time connection problems by clicking on button “se connecter” of the frontend (see screenshot 1)

2) the second is that when we connect with a user who is not admin as the user lola (login: lola and password: paradise) on some page it disconnects like the page forum, tarifs and accueil (see capture 2, 3, 4)

it’s pretty urgent, thank you very much for your help.

Attachments:
     Radu

Hi,

1. You are referring to the text in english that says “You already logged in” ? IF yes you will need to search in kleo theme for that string, if that isn’t or it cannot be translated use the next code to translate it directly : https://pastebin.com/raw/d5eF3yfT then paste the code to functions.php from child theme.

2. How it disconnects ? It appears the buttons in header saying ‘Se Connecter’ and ‘Inscription’ even you area logged in ? If yes this may be cache issue if you have any caching plugin, switch it off temporary and test if that continue to happens or not.

Make sure to have latest theme and plugins.

Let me know
    Cheers
    R

crashmaster
    Participant

thank you, it’s good, it works. I disabled wp faster cache. so this plugin does not work well on this framework? thank you

Radu

Hi,
    No problem! The plugin from what i know from the past it works well, the think it’s not cache the logged sessions.

Cheers
    R

crashmaster
    Participant

Hello, I have two problems that I can not do.
    the first – I can not find the solution to add a photo in the Forum tab above the forum (http://vegamities.com/forums/)
    another photo in the Members tab above the members (http://vegamities.com/membres/) and finally another above the contact form (http://vegamities.com/contact/), I tested the option that I send you in capture but it does not appear. Do you have a solution to add images to these pages? thank you

my second problem, I would like to have on my page registration (see capture) all the profile fields that I created, or on my registration page, I have that the basic fields.

Thanks for your help

Attachments:
     Radu

Hi,

For the bbpress page i think the best way it’s to use their shortcodes to build the forum index by placing them in a regular pages in editor where you can place images also.

You can create a new page and edit it with elementor and place shortcodes.

https://codex.bbpress.org/features/shortcodes/

The same also for the contact page, just edit the page with elementor and add the image element and add your desired image above the form.

For the register page there is no place to can edit this via editor or something, that it’s the buddypress signup flow and only the base group of fields will be shown in the initial singup process, adding additional fields there implies to make your desired changes on the php file by copying the register.php file from :

wp-content/themes/sweetdate/buddypress/members/register.php

to

wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/buddypress/members/register.php

Cheers
    R

crashmaster
    Participant

Hello, my page “Membres” for normally editable with elementor but when I click on elementor,
    there is the following error message (see capture (captmembre.PNG), I tried to disable the plugin but
    same problem and when I edit it with the classic editor to add an image, see capture (see capture captmembre1.PNG),
    the image it appears not see capture (captmembre2.PNG). The link of the page: http://vegamities.com /membres/

I have a new page named: Members, with this page, I can modify it with elementor but I added the shortcode
    to have the list of members see capture (captmember.PNG), but the shortcode does not work, see capture (captumember2.PNG) to summarize, I would like the shortcode of the Members page to work or we can modify the page Membres with elementor
    The link of the page : http://vegamities.com/members/

Same problem with the forums page, I created a new page and can not edit it with elementor to add an image on it.

thanks a lot for your help

Attachments:
     Radu

Hi,

The members page cannot be changed with elementor because it’s a core buddypress page and the content in it comes from buddypress and elementor efectively cannot handle that.

Also for bbpress, pages that belongs to certain plugins cannot be controlled fully and editing in it with elemetor.

You can build up new pages and using the plugins shortcodes!

For the kleo_members shortcode it seems to a bug it’s happening also on my local install, i will look right now for the solution and i will get back to you those days. or later today.

Cheers
    R

crashmaster
    Participant

Hello, that’s what I did, I built new page “Members” and “Forum”, but the shortcodes do not work to integrate the list of members and the forum.
    No worries, thank you

Radu

Hi,

I see , in this case a way to add custom content in the php file

Go to website files and find wp-content/themes/sweetdate/buddypress/members/members-loop.php
    Copy the file and go to wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child , create a new folder, call it buddypress, then inside buddypress, another folder called members then paste the file inside. the final path will be : wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/buddypress/members/members-loop.php

There you can add anything you want before or after the members loop

Cheers
    R

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?