This topic has 32 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years by harunguclu.

• Author
     harunguclu
    Participant

Hello again,
    I have been trasnlating theme files recently…(with buddy press ı found some already translated files that was easy).. But in some sections, in the extended profile’s drop down options are not translated.. for exapmle ”eye color” title is tranlslated but its sub options (dropdown options) are not translated…you can see in the picture 1. Which file do ı need to translate? which files are related to theme and or buddy press ı am confued a bit

I removed the turkish translated theme files to see whats going on the web site, but this time the same profile looked with different options. you can see the pictures 2 and 3 (profile with and without turkish translated theme files)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     harunguclu
    Participant

number 1 picture edited pls consider this one

Attachments:
     Catalin

Hello,

To rename dropdown options you need to go (Users > Profile fields) and then click on edit button for every dropodown fields you want to edit.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     harunguclu
    Participant

After ı while ı became to understand the system and how it works.. but still some sections are not translated.. Here is another issue. in the proile fields when ı change the word ”base” the user profile diseppears you can see the picture

Attachments:
     Model
    Participant

I have the same issue. Whenever you change “base” to something else it disappears. I will also like to be able to add more tabs. How can we fix this and how can we add more tabs.

harunguclu
    Participant

Well in fact at first ı thought that translating po files would be enough. But with some sections po files are not related. In the profile fields You can add new tabs and create different sub tabsin any languages. And you can put any detail that you think is required in the profile fields.

But the word “Base” is still keeping it’s secret 🙂 i dont know why does it disseaper when i translate into turkish

LeBruCode
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same problem. Can you fix it quickly ?

harunguclu
    Participant

Hello, ı still have been waiting for a fix or an advice about what to do.
    here is another not translatable section you can see in the picture!!
    would you please say something 🙁

Attachments:
     LeBruCode
    Participant

+1

Catalin

Hello,

Sorry for late reply.

To modify the modal login popup file can be found here:

..\wp-content\themes\sweetdate\page-parts\general-login-modal.php

take a look at line 14 and 23.

You can also use this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/codestyling-localization/

Make sure you translate all the strings under kloe_frameowrk section (theme files).

Let me know if this works.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     harunguclu
    Participant

Thank you it worrked with the plug in..

but.. will you pls check the last picture above

forgot your user name section remains unchanged…
    it is translated but still not turkish for the user.
    and the single word (your) at the beginig doesnt change either..

could you please check this as well

thanks for your reply

reyeskane
    Participant

Will you be distrubiting the translation or willing to keep it for yourself? I am interested to know.

Catalin

Hello,

PLease take a look in this file:

..\wp-content\themes\sweetdate\page-parts\general-login-modal.php

and you will find the strings you are looking for.

Also maybe you share your translation file with us… 😀 We would appreciate this.

Thank you,
    Catalin

harunguclu
    Participant

hello
    of course ı can share the translation files with you. but in fact , it is not finished yet..here’s all ı did up to now

harunguclu
    Participant

oop… ı couldn’t send it.. where will send them to ?

harunguclu
    Participant

hello ı have written some other details and questions in the picture pls view the picture

thanks

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi. Those strings could come from Buddypress or Rtmedia plugins. Also to customize what tabs show next to user profile photo see this https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-more-tabs-next-to-the-profile-image

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

harunguclu
    Participant

Hello again, Could ypu please help me about this mpbile page
    I coudlnt find where or which file to translate or edit

Attachments:
     harunguclu
    Participant

please select your page sentence should be in turkish. ıhave translated the theme and buddypress po files. but still its in english

Catalin

Hello,

You should be able to find that in the theme section from Codestyling Localization plugin. The location of the string is in header.php at line 209.

Make sure you save the language file after you do the modifications first. Also, you can send me your admin credentials to take a look. Reply as private for security reasons for this.

Thank you,
    Catalin

harunguclu
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     harunguclu
    Participant
     harunguclu
    Participant
     harunguclu
    Participant
     harunguclu
    Participant

Hello I have two issues, And ı am very much confused. couple days ago ı re-installed my theme and eveythıng from the very begining to have a more stable system… and still ı cant fıgure out about what to do…

1 pls help me about the translations see the pictures number 1 and 2

2 members search doesnt match… (well my blog is for lgbt indivudals so there is no just a man and a woman options, there are about 15 sex options in my blog.. is it because of that…

İf necessary ı can re-install eveything from the begining.. but it is a great chore to set evertything from the begining.
    ı have been spending hours for the recent couple days.. but still couldn’t set my web site
    I urgently need help

Attachments:
     harunguclu
    Participant
     harunguclu
    Participant

I am expexting an anwer

I am not using rt media plugin.. ı just want to use bp album.. ı coudnt find where to edit..
    wordpress localızation file doesnt help.. ı fınd those words translte and save them but nothıng changes

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there,
    bpAlbum translation files reside in sweetdate/lib/bp-album/languages
    You need to copy the bp-album folder to your computer and translate it with Poedit.

If you are using a child theme put the .mo and .po in sweetdate-child/languages/
    The file name should follow this example: bp-album-en_US.mo or bp-album-fr_FR.mo depending on the language used

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

szbence86
    Participant

Dear Harunguclu!

How could you translated the following words?
    Activity, Profile, Friends, Groups, Forums, Album, Media

Best regards

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi @szbence86
    those are related to Buddypress plugin and you need to translate it.

Media probably comes from rtMedia plugin

Album comes from bpAlbum plugin.
    bpAlbum translation files reside in sweetdate/lib/bp-album/languages
    You need to copy the bp-album folder to your computer and translate it with Poedit.
    If you are using a child theme put the .mo and .po in sweetdate-child/languages/
    The file name should follow this example: bp-album-en_US.mo or bp-album-fr_FR.mo

---

szbence86
    Participant

Thanks a lot Abe! 🙂

harunguclu
    Participant

Activity : Aktivite
    Profile : profil
    Friends : Arkadaşlar
    Groups : Gruplar
    Forums : forumlar
    Album : Albüm
    Media : Media

harunguclu
    Participant

correcting:
    media : medya

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?