This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     ksoshnin
    Participant

Hello,

I installed WPML and scanned the theme for strings (which it found). However there is no string found for theme options output, such as the contact form title “CONTACT US”. This theme supports WPML, so why can’t I translate these fundamental strings?

Is there another way to translate these strings?

Let me know please.

Best regards,
    Kiril

ksoshnin
    Participant

By the way, the theme and all plugins are up-to-date.

ksoshnin
    Participant

Update:

I tried inserting this code into my child theme’s functions.php, but it didn’t work.

COPY CODE
    remove_action('kleo_after_footer', 'kleo_show_contact_form');
    add_action('kleo_after_footer', 'child_show_contact_form');
    function child_show_contact_form() 
    {
    	$title = sq_option('contact_form_title','');
    	$content= sq_option('contact_form_text','');

$translated_title = __($title, 'kleo_framework');
    	$translated_content = __($content, 'kleo_framework');

echo do_shortcode('[kleo_contact_form title="'.$translated_title.'"]'.$translated_content.'[/kleo_contact_form]');
    }
     ksoshnin
    Participant

Do I need to modify the core theme files myself so the theme becomes truly fully wpml compatible?

Catalin

please send me a screenshot with the area of your site you are referring to.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     ksoshnin
    Participant

This concerns ALL admin theme options output.

An example would be the contact form output that is configured via the admin theme options: please see attached screenshot (in red). How do I translate this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     ksoshnin
    Participant

NOTE: I use WPML to support 2 languages, so I need to translate these strings for 2 languages. WPML does not detect these strings as they were not internationalized in the code, so they are only outputted in 1 language (in the language that they were written in the admin theme options). This is a critical issue as all theme options behave this way.

Catalin

please send me admin credentials to your website to take a look. reply as private for security reasons.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Abe
    Keymaster

Those should show up in WPML string translation since we have set the theme to notify WPML about them. Try rescanning the theme

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?