This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     Paulo Sica
    Participant

Hi,

I need to set the translation for the website, and following the documentation I installed Glotpress and Glot-o-matic, and it doesn’t seem to be working because when I go to glotpress/settings, it opens a 404 page

Also, I’d like to know, when I’m done translating all the content, where should I go to set the language switcher button on the top bar menu?

Laura

Hello, please try using Loco Translate plugin and for multi language try Q Translate X ( Includes language switch menu item )

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Paulo Sica
    Participant

Hi, Laura, can you give me more detailed information about the translation?
    Should I use both loco and qtranslate?
    Where do I manage the translations?
    Where is the option/setting to add the switcher to the top menu?

Laura

Hello, yes you could use both of them
    Loco Translate is to translate the site strings and Q Translate X (not q translate) is to offer different language versions for posts, pages, visual composer…

When you install & activate Loco Translate you will see the menu item at your dashboard, click and then select your language at the theme or click add language then start translating. When finished, click save

For the menu switch, activate Q Translate X ( Also install the extra plugins suggested by Q Translate X and navigate to Appearance > Menus and you will see the switch at the sidebar, if not, check at the top of the page “Screen options” Click it and make sure that Q translate X is selected

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Paulo Sica
    Participant

Hi, almost there

I have installed both plugins and also the ones they suggest for compatibility.
    My problem now is finding the strings, specially the labels for the profile menu such as “activity” and “My articles”
    I looked for them on kleo, kleo child, buddypress, nothing…

Also, where can I set the flag switch buttons on the top menu?
    I selected the option on the kleo dashboard but they didn’t appear anywhere

Laura

Hello, the switch language menu is at Appearance > Menus
    About the translation, before searching any string, click on SYNC so the plugin updates the language file, then it will add the new strings, now you can search 🙂

Paulo Sica
    Participant

Where is this SYNK thing?
    Also, there is a message about files missing. What should I do?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

The Sync button is found after you click a language to translate. You should know that not all the strings come from Kleo theme and most of them will come from BuddyPress plugin since it is the one that adds the social functionality. For example if you have the Social Articles plugin then all the strings you see on its generated pages should come from that plugins. Same goes for plugins like Woocommerce and others.

Your string activity is related to buddypress, my articles is related to Social Articles.

Those plugins can be translated using Loco translate the same way as you translate kleo theme and you will find them down the list.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?