This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by torbenj.

• Author

Tagged: ,

torbenj
    Participant

Hi there,

I´ve just purchased the KLEO theme and I´m looking forward to work with it.

I have som problems trying to translate the Buddypress part of the theme. I know that others have had kind of the same issue, but I´ll ask anyway because I want to be able to use PoEdit.

I´ve managed to translate most of the bbPress and Budypress part using a danish tranlations from here: http://danieljuhl.dk/wordpress/oversaettelse/ – but I can´t seem to find where to translate the parts showing on my screenshot.

I´m using your Child Theme. Where should I place the new danish tranlations so that they don´t disappear if/when I update?

Please let me know 🙂

Thanks!

Regards

Torben

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Have you tried creating a buddypress-DK file? https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/customizing/customizing-labels-messages-and-urls/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

torbenj
    Participant

Hi sharmstr,

Thanks for your reply.

When I navigate to: /wp-content/plugins/bbpress/languages/ and /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/

I am seeing some .pot files, but I don´t know if they have some effect on this..? There are many words in them, but it seems more like backend language files?

I have made buddypress-da_DK.mo and buddypress-da_DK.po files in /wp-content/languages/ and it works on many words, but I can´t find the words I´m showing on the screenshot?

I have also made some language files in a folder I´ve created: /wp-content/languages/bbpress/. They are called bbpress-da_DK.mo and bbpress-da_DK.po

Let me know where I can find the res tof the words I´m missing..?

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Torben

sharmstr

Looks like there’s a BP 2.2 translation file thats 91% complete. Did you see this?

https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/buddypress/2.2.x/da/default

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     torbenj
    Participant

Hi,

No, I didn´t see that one.

That helped on most of the words. I´ll take a closer look at it…

Thanks for helping me 🙂

Regards

Torben

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?