This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     gunnlaugur
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having problems translating multiple strings in BuddyPress and through Kleo, e.g. the “Lost your password?” string on the custom login page, I actually have to change it in a PHP file. Also the “Search” string up top.

Same goes with many of the BuddyPress strings like “All Members %s”, “Comment %s”, “My Favorites %s”, “All Groups %s”, “Logged In Users” etc. etc.

Could you please fix this, and many others, since translating the site is nearly impossible right now.

There has also been an issue with BuddyPress, and only BuddyPress, where the MO and PO files don’t update properly, so I have to download them and upload them to the languages directory manually so I can see the changes apply.

Thanks so much, -g

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello, those strings related to the Theme should now be translatable from Loco translate plugin. I will do a quick test and see if the pot file was updated.

Related to the plugin strings, the theme does not interfere in the translation process and they should be translated from the corresponding plugin. Try to get a translated po/mo language file set and upload them to wp-content/languages/plugins

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

gunnlaugur
    Participant

Hey!

Translating those strings still doesn’t work, as you can see here:

http://innnranet.is/activity/

You have “All Members 7 My Favorites 2 Tögg” as well as “COMMENT LÆK EYÐA”.

As you can see, “Tögg” is translated, “Læk” and “Eyða” are as well, while “Comment” and “All Members” and “My Favorites” is not. But if you check the ~/wp-admin Loco Translate you will see that these strings ARE translated and it just doesn’t show up.

I attached the .po and .mo files that are currently being used under ~/wp-content/languages.

For example, this is definitely in there:

COPY CODE
    #: bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/activity/entry.php:67
    #, c-format
    msgid "Comment %s"
    msgstr "Athugasemd %s"

But it’s still Comment %s on the website.

Please take another look at this.

Abe
    Keymaster

I’ll replicate it on my testing server and see how it goes over the weekend.

Thanks. Will let you know how to solve this

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

gunnlaugur
    Participant

Hey Abe,

Have you replicated the issue?

Abe
    Keymaster

If you move those files from that folder does the translation disappear?

The other strings related to BuddyApp work now?

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Related to theme strings here is the updated .pot file to put in buddyapp/languages folder. After that you should go to Loco translate plugin and edit your language and click the Sync button. After taht you should see the Lost password and Search strings if they are still missing

---

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Related to buddypress please see this article:
    https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/customizing/customizing-labels-messages-and-urls/

the correct path for the .po and .mo should be /wp-content/languages/plugins/ in the format like buddypress-en_US.po

That should be the location where buddypress looks

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Just tested the Comment string and you are right, it was a problem with it from the plugin template inside the theme, really sorry for that. Will come back asap with the files to replace until the next update

Thanks

---

Abe
    Keymaster

OK, so for the Comment %s string you just need to replace this file located in wp-content/themes/buddyapp/buddypress/activity/entry.php with the one from the archive attached

---

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

I fixed all the other strings. I will publish the update today, 1.1.1 and if you have the buddypress strings translated then they should automatically appear translated.

It seems like buddypress plugin changed some strings and the templates from our theme needed to be updated.

Thanks

---

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?