This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     iulianolaru
    Participant

Hey,
    In the registration form and profile fields, the privacy settings under fields still remain in english, all tho i have fully translated all strings available from buddypress and sweetdate. How can i translate the values of those privacy settings ?

Thank you in advance.

Abe
    Keymaster

Those come from Buddypress plugin. Make sure you fully translated BUddypress and you have generated the .mo file

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

iulianolaru
    Participant

Buddypress was fully translated and all files generated. Is it possible to be something from sweetdate ?

Abe
    Keymaster

We have done some changes to the Buddypress templates for registration and edit so you might want to wait for the theme update to check if those are fine

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

iulianolaru
    Participant

When will the theme update be released? I have a lot of lines that do not appear translated. All tho, i have all language files 100% translated.

For example, the login form displays english lines all tho, the language NL is set.

iulianolaru
    Participant

Also, in the footer, when you hover over the facebook sign, it displays “Find us on facebook”. I would like to translate that as well. Where can i find the necessary lines ?

iulianolaru
    Participant

My Friends widget is not translated. It still displays for example “klaver2’s Friends” all tho, all my translation files are fully translated.

Abe
    Keymaster

My Friends widget belongs to Buddypress and the theme has nothing to do with its translation and it should be translated from Buddypress plugin.
    We have fixed the “Follow us”, “Find us on” texts for the next version

We have attached the version 2.7 for Sweetdate but it is not final. You can use it since it is stable to check the buddypress translation on the registration fields

For translating Buddypress plugin make sure you use Codestyling Localization plugin and on the Buddypress plugin scan for strings

---

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Nicole
    Participant

Hello @Abe
    I’ve almost the same issue. I’ve 100% translated Buddypress .po/.mo files and also Sweetdate strings translated but They are not displayed properly in the front end. For example:

Your avatar will be used on your profile and throughout the site. If there is a <a href=\"http://gravatar.com\">Gravatar</a> associated with your account email we will use that, or you can upload an image from your computer.

I’ve traslated but nothing… it still displaying the string in english.
    Same stuffs for the registration welcome message in the registration page and also for

I agree with terms and conditions

Please see attached files.

Is this a bug? It will be fixed in the next release? Is very annoying to translate strings manually in the .php files… when all the work should be done by using the .po files 🙁

Thanks in advance!
    Nicole

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi,
    “Your avatar will..” – belongs to Buddypress so please translate Buddypress plugin. for 2.1 Bp version see https://buddypress.org/support/topic/buddypress-2-1-bp-language/

“I agree with terms and conditions” – from the theme probably, don’t know exactly where you see it

---

Nicole
    Participant

Thanks for the answer @Abe but my Buddypress 2.1 is 100% translated, and that missing translations are from Sweetdate (register.php in sweetdate theme). So, the only way to translate them is to change the register.php code? :/

Abe
    Keymaster

“Your avatar will..” is not in the register page, it is in the profile edit part.

“I agree with terms and conditions” I told you is related to Sweetdate theme and you need to translate it from the theme. use codestyling localization and rescan the strings

---

Nicole
    Participant

@Abe sorry, I said it wrong.. the thing is like this:

I agree with terms and conditions is present in sweetdate/custom_buddypress/bp_functions.php
    <?php printf( __( 'Acconsento ai <a href="%s" target="_blank"><strong>termini e condizioni</strong></a>.', 'kleo_framework' ), $terms_link ); ?>

And the Avatar part is in: sweetdate/members/single/profile/change-avatar.php

The thing is that I’ve already translated both, Buddypress and Sweetdate .po and .mo files (100% TRANSLATED) so there are no missing strings I’m pretty sure about that. It looks like for some reason, it doesn’t “take” the translations.

@iulianolaru
    have you solved your problem?

Abe
    Keymaster

hi, please see this topic where I added some files you need to change to match Buddypress translation.
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/buddypress-language-folder-disappeared-after-update

---

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?