This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     ThemeVal
    Participant

Hi, Please disregard my question. I have found a better solution — to use a plugin to turn off certain widgets in the sidebar for logged out users. It works great!

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have searched the internet exhaustively for information on turning off the Sidebar on the Register page of Buddypress.

Here is what I came up with… To comment out the following on the Register.php page:

To: <?php // get_sidebar( ‘buddypress’ ); ?>

I did that, but it did nothing. I looked at your Register.php page, as well, but I see no reference to sidebars.

The internet forums say to ask your theme support, so that’s what I’m doing 🙂

I’m setting up a private community, so to see members’ names, photos, etc in the sidebar on the Registration page just isn’t good…

Thanks in advance!

Abe
    Keymaster

Glad you figured it out. Based on your question we added and extra option in the Theme options – Buddypress so you can set a different layout for the register page also, just in case you want a different layout

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

sharmstr

Hey Abe,

Sorry to highjack this thread, but I am working on exactly this function. Can you explain how to do it without a plugin? I’ve tried numerous ways of creating a custom template for /register and I cant seem to get Kelo to display sidebars.

I really dont want to rely on a plugin to be updated and maintained when I know a custom page will never show them.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi sharmstr, No problem, It is my pleasure to help you.
    Please take this archive that has the modified files until next update. You will see a new option in Theme options – Buddypress to change Register page template.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Here is the archive: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/files/kleo/kleo-buddy-register-files.zip

---

sharmstr

This great. Thank you.

Another suggestion. It would be nice to have it also take into consideration the display settings and title section settings set at the page level. Right now you are only checking is_page and is_single. If you put a buddypress check in there, we can also control showing the footer and other things. This is important for private sites where we are showing posts and members in the footer.

Currently, I’m using a child buddypress.php file and only showing the footer for logged in users.

Thank you again though! This is helpful.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ThemeVal
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

I’m using “Display Widgets” plugin and it is awesome! You should be able to use it in any widgetized area of the site. It let’s you decide who sees the widget – loggin in or non-logged in.

It was EXACTLY what I needed! A nice complement to this fabulous theme!!

http://wordpress.org/plugins/display-widgets/

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, We will do some tests with that, thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks ThemeVal for appreciating our work

---

sharmstr

@ThemeVal,

I’m using display widgets as well, but I really dont want to control a bunch of things with it since it has to make a decision with EVERY widget on the page. For performance, its best to control what gets loaded via templates.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?